May 12, 2024, 06:47:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trailers..again!  (Read 1539 times)
ROD

« on: May 27, 2013, 03:40:54 PM »

Sorry,cant find the thread I started about this a while back!
  After seeing the size of some of the trailers at trikefest (including Rob62's) and also how some were loaded,including stuff on the rack of the trikes as well ,Im convinced that mine could easily pull a trailer! Couldnt understand why there were only a handful of custom style trailers either,and they were only bought ones.
   So SWMBO and I sat down and talked about what we would really take on our france trip if we had a trailer,and would the extra stuff be an advantage? Ha! The only way we could see an advantage is by not having to pack(squash Grin) so many clothes into 2 rucksacks,by taking a suitcase.Also we could take a small table. We have already commited to a 4 man tent ,so that doesnt gain any points!A portaloo,(not convinced that frog toilets are ok,so a great advantage) also we could take a duvet,as well as the sleeping bags we intend to take anyway.
  So as part of the toe dipping excercise, I e mailed the ferry and the tunnel to see if they could accomodate the trailer..awaiting replies. Extra cost for the trailer would be roughly£120 (plus fuel) We arent deciding just yet,and of course I need time (a weekend I reckon to get the shape and another w/end to finish it) to build a custom style trailer.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »

I've said before, I always fancied making a trailer from a fibreglass car roof box. Aerodynamic, waterproof, lockable -& stylish. I thought the long, low torpedo shaped ones, sat on a lightweight A frame chassis, with wheels, custom lights & paintjob to match the trike, would look cool. You could fit an auxiliary battery in there too for all those camping accessories.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:02:03 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 06:00:16 PM »

This is what you need then ....................

http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11211.0

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
terry t

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »

was it this one Rod if not type trailer in the search box.
I would go for the ERDE 102 like BGs only 55kg and can carry 245kg. only nead to make a lockable top job done
http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12292.0
ROD

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 07:45:38 PM »

A few of those roof box trailers about. I bought a roof box to build one last year,but decided against it at the last minute. If I do build one,it will be a custom style with the same diam wheels as the trike rears.
rob62

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RELIANT-CAMPING-TRAILER-TRIKE-CUSTOM-/300910982256?pt=UK_CartsParts_Vehicles_ATVQuad_Trike_Parts_Accessorie
ROD

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 09:11:13 AM »

No Rob,I didnt say I wanted to take passengers as well! Grin  Thats a whole lot of weight for a Trike to pull!
Cabman77

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »

I have my bike trailer and the body of a galvanised box trailer (without any suspension units or wheels (bloody pikeys)) and I also have a wide black double locked roof box that I plan to fit to the bike trailer so I have a dual purpose item. Then the box trailer WILL go, that should clear some space in the garden and make Cuddles happy with me  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: