May 14, 2024, 12:00:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Window material  (Read 2009 times)
nabsim

« on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »

Anybody know what it is I need to use for windows in the sidecar? Sides aren't a problem as they are flat but front and rear curve. I seem to think they used to Akers visors from lemon but stuff I have seen so far looks rigid. Same with Perspex, looks like it won't bend. I know the type of thing I want if I could pick it up and feel it but not the name for it.

spanners

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »

Anybody know what it is I need to use for windows in the sidecar? Sides aren't a problem as they are flat but front and rear curve. I seem to think they used to Akers visors from lemon but stuff I have seen so far looks rigid. Same with Perspex, looks like it won't bend. I know the type of thing I want if I could pick it up and feel it but not the name for it.
LEXAN   or  PLASTIGLASS if you can get access t ,,mines research  Wink Wink Wink  go to the top ,,sheffield university site,,, Wink ask for DP,S (deeps) tell him i sent ya  Cool Cool

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »

Another name to look out for is Makrolon.
These will all flex without shattering and not so affected by sunlight as the cheap perspex you get in diy stores.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
nabsim

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »

Just read my original post, didn't notice the iPad had swapped words, I really didn't type some of that Sad

It should have said I think they made visors from Lexan. I have had a response from a supplier and they are pointing me at the right grade to use. It is a uv stable type of Lexan, I will let you know what when its sorted.

Wasn't sure what would bend but still withstand stones and things.

Thanks for responses peeps Smiley

The North

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »

Trent plastics in Gainsborough sell lexan or other acrylic material various thicknesses, they will cut to templates exactly and are good to deal with, i will be replacing the rear door and side screens on the ranger to shed some more weight and will be getting it from them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: