May 16, 2024, 10:18:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant trike starter motor ?  (Read 5306 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« on: July 03, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »

Anybody have probs with the starter motor on robin reliant engine trikes ?  It's been tested and rebuilt ..but when you try starting you get that clicking noise ..I've tightened up the earth straps on the battery..fitted one to the engine / chassis..about to fit another from gearbox to chassis ? Undecided

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
kapri

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:29:23 PM »

Hiya! Inertia or pre-engaged type ?
fifer

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »

Was the starter working previously on the engine or is this a new untried build ?
Reason I am querying is that the flywheels for the inertia starter and the pre-engaged starter are different and the teeth do not merge if the wrong combination is used .

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
Olds

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 06:36:02 AM »

If it is early type of starter, then it's probably burnt contacts in the solenoid switch. Try briefly shorting across the solenoid main terminals.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »

Erm - at the risk of people mentioning grandmothers and eggs - is the battery good?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
stinkey

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »

The battery is new and charged up..fully rebuilt starter motor..it will start eventually ( when it wants to ? ).. Kiss

kapri

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 04:55:59 PM »

It happened to my pre- engaged starter today . Turned out to be loose body on starter motor, had to remove and tighten 2 torx head bolts at 'dog' end.
stinkey

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »

Hi everybody ..I've been trying to start a new topic to no avail ?  Can anybody help me with uploading pics ? I want to email some to anybody on here who can post on here ? I've tried n tried on my tablet and iPad ..but I'm useless at this stuff....today we finally got Martins Trike MOTd. And on the road ..on his 59th birthday ..

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 05:04:41 PM »

Congratulations!
I haven't got a tablet or Smart phone or any of those other new fangled devices, so no idea of the procedure for uploading from them. If you're having problems you can always email your photos to me. I'll PM you the address.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
fifer

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 05:08:15 PM »

Brilliant news  Smiley

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
terry t

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 05:19:06 PM »

Hi everybody ..I've been trying to start a new topic to no avail ?  Can anybody help me with uploading pics ? I want to email some to anybody on here who can post on here ? I've tried n tried on my tablet and iPad ..but I'm useless at this stuff....today we finally got Martins Trike MOTd. And on the road ..on his 59th birthday ..

Hi Email them to me I will try and up load them to.   terryturner61@hotmail.com   let me know what you want saying 
stinkey

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »

Congratulations!
I haven't got a tablet or Smart phone or any of those other new fangled devices, so no idea of the procedure for uploading from them. If you're having problems you can always email your photos to me. I'll PM you the address.
I've sent a few pics hope they are ok ?

stinkey

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 06:03:53 PM »

Hi Email them to me I will try and up load them to.   terryturner61@hotmail.com   let me know what you want saying 
I've sent a test pic ?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 06:10:08 PM »

Hiya. Just starting a new thread for you here in the trike section mate.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: