May 16, 2024, 08:05:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pissed Off From Cardiff  (Read 5633 times)
reliantman

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 08:01:52 PM »

Same with these multiple pile-ups. They happen every year and nobody takes a bit of notice.
Earlier this year I was going through the Grangetown tunnel in Cardiff. There are two tunnels, one going each way, with two lanes in each.
As I went into one, there was a 50 mph limit and a flashing sign above the second lane saying that it was closed.
Bimbling along I was passed by a big merc doing about seventy, followed by a smaller bmw.
What gets me is that there could have been a wagon or something in that closed lane, servicing the tunnel. Do these flashy car drivers think that signs don't apply to them?
tazet
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 06:54:47 AM »

I drive a flashy car  Cry I always obay signs especialy if one says a lane is closed I don't use that lane and if it's road works I slow down. Ok I cruise the motorways over the speed limit in good weather and light traffic, but if the weather conditions are bad I always drop to the same speed as the lorries. I also get peple staring at me etc but I don't care as I would like to keep my car not write it and others off.
reliantman

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 08:02:19 AM »

Sorry Taz.
Not taring you with the same brush. It does seem that these a*seholes in their big Mercs/BM's/lexus think that the rules do not apply to them.
tazet
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 08:05:03 AM »

Don't worry I do know what you mean. I'm normaly swearing at them too.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 11:25:12 PM »

Taz does actually own the road.  Grin
I've borrowed her super blingy, alloy wheeled & spoilered Beemer again for a couple of days while my car's being fixed.
Cruising home along the A3 tonight I passsed a glossy black 3 series BMW. Lowered, flashy alloys, dark tinted lights etc. He nodded & flashed his lights as I passed him on the dual carriageway. I pulled into the nearside lane & a few minutes later he passed . I flashed the lights in return as we checked each other out.
Yo! I'm down & cool with the Beemer Boys!  Cool Wonder what they'll make of the Pop?!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tazet
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 07:38:59 AM »

mmmm wonder what speeds you were doing  Wink
klogan45

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »

Corgi are making a replica BMW, complete with flashing lights honking horn and.....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
aggressive driver Embarrassed Shocked Shocked

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
tazet
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »

Dear Santa.................................................  Grin
klogan45

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 04:13:09 PM »

Dear satan...... Shocked

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: