May 15, 2024, 08:38:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back's killing me!  (Read 1473 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: January 02, 2006, 12:55:10 PM »

I'm getting old!
Rainbow's bike's broked. 600 Yamaha Fazer. Got an electrical fault that's blowing the ignition circuit fuse as soon as you turn the key. Seems to be O.K if we disconnect the CDI unit, (what DOES that stand for?), then blows as soon as we plug it back in again, which kinda points to that being the problem doesn't it, although members of various forums she belongs to have come up with a million other options! Watching a couple of second hand ones on Ebay at the moment.
So, being the idiot that I am, I offered to push the bike home from the carpark she'd left it in when it suddenly cut out on her way home from work. About a mile & a half. Low handlebar height meant I had to stoop down to push it. Was fine yesterday but woke up this morning feeling like someone had whacked me in the back with a sledgehammer! Used to push bikes for miles with no trouble at all -had plenty of practice! But I guess that was probably 20 years ago. Don't like to admit it, but I think I'm getting old! Middle age is sneaking up on me. Still messing about in garages & pushing bikes though.  Grin 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 02:25:22 PM »

CDi means Capacitive Discharge Ignition Wink

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 04:08:46 PM »

Aha! Knew some clever clogs would know!
Problem sorted. Wasn't the Capacitive Discharge Ignition unit at all. Was the wiring that feeds it. Rainbow sussed it without my "help". The tank on Fazers is held with a single bolt on the front & is hinged at the back so you can lift it up to work on the engine. She found a junction box underneath it, unplugged a few bits, wiped 'em clean, plugged 'em back in -ta daa! As if by magic, everything works. Wonder if she can wire my trike up now?

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 01:52:49 AM »

Rainbow's had trouble with that bike cutting out ever since she's had it - if it was me, I'd be looking to part with it before it starts doing it again!

Glad to hear it sorted tho - ain't she clever!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 11:45:43 AM »

Yes indeedy. Doesn't need any help from me! Hopefully that was all the problem was. Goes well for a bike that lives outdoors in all weathers & gets ridden every day. Good all-round, no-frills workhorse. The bike, not Rainbow Grin -Ooh, I'm gonna get such a slap for that! Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: