May 20, 2024, 07:26:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: project updates?  (Read 1553 times)
RODeo

« on: August 29, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »

Hi All
  When I first came on here last year plaguing everyone with silly Q's (still am Grin) There were 2 main projects underway that were a huge influence for me to get started....Andys and tbone's... whats the status of them nowadays ? Dormant or enthusiastic? Also any others ? Gazzagood?
 Its been a hard slog for me with my enthusiasm waining as the last 18 months or so has gone past,but Im back on it again ,just doing final bits before stripping down for paint and detailing of engine ,then a few bits to make as I put it all back together.Still cant actually see an end in sight though!My ambition is to take it down to the show at Faro Portugal,maybe next year .
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:27:09 PM by RODeo » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:15:12 PM »

Hi Rod,
dormant would be a good description yeah.
Mine's currently sitting in a barn on the country estate where we live & Taz works, (same barn her Dodge Charger & trike projects are in).
Not abandoned, just side-lined in favour of my Ford Pop project at the moment. The Pop has a deadline -I have to register it as a brand new vehicle when it's finished & the registration process is being toughened up at the end of next year, so I need to push on & get it finished.
The trike needs the front end taking apart & the steering stops sorted out as they were flexing when the weight of the forks was on them. That'll mean re powder-coating the yokes. Then I need to finish the exhaust I was working on & get it chromed. Finally it needs wiring up & details like the throttle cable dealt with, brakes bled etc. I've also noticed some of the water hoses have started perishing since I first started work on this project!
I've got 2 weeks holiday in October. Might be the time to get stuck into it & get it done at last.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
hornet6

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 11:16:29 PM »

Hi..Not been on here for some time.My own project that i started nearly 3 years ago is still not finished. I had a real bad 18 months with work during the recession,so money was really tight. Things have picked up over the last couple of months so i can now pick up the reins a bit.All ive done so far is make the frame,fitted the forks n wheels,fitted the engine,made a seat pan,fitted a rear mudguard and all the brackets.The one thing ime struggling with at the moment is the exhaust.The bike is so low,i cant get the tubes underneath,so ime trying to make some way to wrap them around the cylinder head....all good fun Roll Eyes Roll Eyes     

no projects ever finished
tbone

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:46:51 AM »

Mine also sits in the shed awaiting some attention. A combination of factors has kept me from making any progress.
I started my build at a time when i was unable to work as a way of concentrating on something positive, and it did its job. Since then its taken a backseat in my list of priorities as there is always plenty of other stuff to occupy ones mind and time.
After the glorious early summer that we had, i realised i hadn`t actually ridden either of the other trikes at all and every day spent in the shed was one that i could have been out enjoying the sunshine.
I have now sold the second reliant engine and gearbox that i was keeping for the `next one` and have seriously toyed with the idea of selling the project. It has to be out of the shed come the autumn because i want the KZ in there for the winter, for some serious tlc.
I have an ever increasing list of projects to get done and the trike is slowly but surely making its way to the back of the line!

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: