May 17, 2024, 12:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564779 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7620 on: August 10, 2014, 10:11:59 PM »

I was admiring a standard Ford Pop at a show recently & saw the original speedo read up to 85mph -the same as my one.

Back in the day, when my first car was a Ford Anglia (same as the Pop but slightly posher) - with my dad driving we had that speedo up to 70!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7621 on: August 11, 2014, 02:47:47 PM »

Grin Mine is actually an Anglia, but if you tell people that, they always think of the slanting rear windowed 105E Anglia, (my Mum had one of those. RPC 456E -I still check the Anglia registrations at shows, just in case it's still out there somewhere).

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
the coppersmith

« Reply #7622 on: August 11, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »

mine (105E) KHT288 or the other way around  Huh roof chopped and big arched, sold it to a mad Cornish fitter called red rock, who customised it and showed it for a while. Lost it then, early 70's was a bit of a haze Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7623 on: August 11, 2014, 06:29:09 PM »

Tongue

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7624 on: August 11, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »

Some new engine bolts bought, new oil cooler lines hooked up to the gearbox, damaged brake lines partly removed -then lots & lots & lots of rain.

Olds

« Reply #7625 on: August 11, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »

We seems to be having a monsoon season instead of a summer. Sad

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7626 on: August 12, 2014, 02:37:26 PM »

Plodding on with the Pop. My working day's gradually getting longer & longer & by the time I get to the workshop I'm absolutely knackered. Pulled the rubber matting up in the drivers footwell yesterday & lifted the inspection cover over the master cylinder. I've got to trace the 2 copper brake lines from the bulkhead & undo them. One's got a nick in it from the angle grinder & the other's too long -it's got an S bend in it just under the bulkhead to lose an inch or so of it's length. So I'll replace them both. Not looking forward to flaring the ends. I'll have a practice first.
Still got to weld up all the tacked together bits of bulkhead & a couple of fill-in patches while the engine's out. Then Ku Rust it all, stone chip the underside of the tunnel, spray the bulkhead, (grey primer & lacquer for now), & brush paint the chassis. Waiting for some bits from the powder coaters before I can bolt the engine chain case & water pump back on -then maybe re-fit the engine!

Chatted to a couple of Dutch guys on FaceBook last night who'd seen the Pop at the show we went to last year. They liked it -which has given me a bit more enthusiasm to get the damn thing back on the road. Rapidly running out of Summer!

spanners

« Reply #7627 on: August 12, 2014, 05:46:42 PM »

We seems to be having a monsoon season instead of a summer. Sad

its,,muslim weather,, ======= partly sunni,, but mostly ,,she,ite,,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
the coppersmith

« Reply #7628 on: August 12, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »

its,,muslim weather,, ======= partly sunni,, but mostly ,,she,ite,,,
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin that is so wrong funny.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7629 on: August 13, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »

Managed to get a couple of hours at the workshop this afternoon & made up the 2 brake pipes. Fortunately, more by accident than design, I've managed to get the correct flares on the ends as described to me by Kev. The lines ran from the bulkhead, along the chassis to the 2 residual valves under the floor. I've left the bulkhead ends off for now so I can tidy up the panel & will have to flare the ends in situ. It all went surprisingly well, but obviously I'm going to have to bleed the brakes again from scratch.

I got the ticket for the Camberley car show in the post yesterday. I did it in the Pop last year -a 100 vehicles of all types spread around Camberley town centre for a day, raising money for charity. I'd really like to do it again, but It's on the 30th of August, so only 2 weeks away. I'll try, but we'll see.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7630 on: August 14, 2014, 06:38:32 PM »

The prevailing weather pattern here at the moment seems to be hot & humid all morning while I'm at work, then tropical monsoon all afternoon when I'm trying to work outside the workshop.
Started welding all the tacked together sections of the bulkhead, trying to fill all the holes that the rain water creeps in through, plus tacking a couple of captive nuts in place in the gearbox tunnel. I really don't enjoy welding thin sheet metal, mainly cos I'm not used to it. It's a matter of tacking the panel every inch or so, then waiting for it to cool & tacking every half inch etc. Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt -takes forever & doesn't look very pretty, but nothing that can't be tidied up with the grinder afterwards. I've covered the windscreen to avoid pock marking the glass but noticed there's one spot on it -right in front of the driver. Hopefully won't be too noticeable.
Not getting very long to work on it each afternoon at the moment as I'm finishing work later. Covered the Pop up again after an hour or so -just in time. By the time I'd driven home it was pouring with rain, & still is.

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #7631 on: August 14, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »

Know what yer mean Mr. M it's those times that I miss my "bottles",but too difficult/expensive to keep, for the usage they would get, these days!  Cry :'(ho, hum.......................

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7632 on: August 14, 2014, 07:09:31 PM »

Exactly why Mr Loon got rid of his.

the coppersmith

« Reply #7633 on: August 14, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »

just need more practice, practice makes perfect, especially when welding Cheesy any one else notice that the evenings are starting to pull in and its only August Undecided
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7634 on: August 14, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »

Definitely Autumnal.

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: