May 18, 2024, 06:21:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going full circle  (Read 1136 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: April 24, 2017, 10:35:40 AM »

Saw this on FaceBook this morning. Old school "technology" seems to be making a comeback as people realise new fangled isn't necessarily better.
I was in Tescos yesterday & in the magazine rack were vinyl LPs. The Beatles "Help" & "White" albums. From the blurb on the packaging they're being advertised on TV, (I don't own a TV), & are part of a series of classic albums.
Everything goes around & around -like a record.

http://thevinylfactory.com/news/tesco-to-stock-a-range-of-vinyl-records-after-trial-success/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:38:01 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 11:26:05 AM »

Sainsburys have vinyl albums on their shelves too.

Maybe those of us of a certain age can use the phrase “you're starting to sound like a stuck record” again without getting looked at as totally weird any more.......

And for those of a “certain age” who used to buy albums from record shops (for our younger readers, these were shops that sold records and basically nothing else), have a read of a book (book – a collation of sequenced paper pages with text printed onto both sides of each page, where the reader had to physically turn the pages to read the next page) called High Fidelity by Nick Hornby.
(note – the film changed the location from the UK to the USA as well as ‘modifying’ the story a wee bit too)

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 01:30:26 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin ;.......memories, memories........................

Beware the Ides of March, But!
JayJay

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 07:20:49 PM »

Liked the cartoon.  Cheesy

Still got all my vinyl. When I had a new audio (CD, tape, usb) unit I made sure it had an aux connection for my turntable. Mind you they are heavy. If I have to move the unit they are all in it is a major upheaval.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:26:56 PM »

I don't go shopping very often, but I was thinking, although the records are back in the shops, I haven't seen any record players for sale.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 08:47:28 AM »

I don't go shopping very often, but I was thinking, although the records are back in the shops, I haven't seen any record players for sale.

They’re out there..........
Currys/PC World, and John Lewis each have 20 or so shown on their web pages!

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: