May 12, 2024, 03:00:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please..... Xv535 (R reg) info please  (Read 997 times)
klogan45

« on: July 27, 2012, 02:36:23 PM »

Hi guys can someone help me please coz I've had a senior moment........ A bit of a convoluted story i'm afraid.
I took the 535 trike for a quick flit around the private car park by my garage and the front wheel is fluttering. Now I know that some trikes do this at various speeds but the last one didn't do it at all. before I started the conversion I took a measurement from the lower bolt that holds the silver trim over the top of the shock absorber. All was well and no wobble on the front wheel.
I did the same this time but due to the length of time between starting and getting to where I am now I've forgotten what the measurement is. Doh!!
The question is this........
 Is there anyone with a  virago 535 who would be kind enough to hold the bike upright ( not on the side stand ) and measure from the ground to the lower of the two bolts that hold the trim over the upper shock mount. I've a feeling that it should be 68cm but can't be sure.
It would save me a load of work if someone can help me out with this one.
I know that I should have made a note somewhere but hindsight makes us all very wise.
Thanks
Regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
toad

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:52:56 PM »

I've just measured the two I have here and both are 63 and a half hope that helps

Cheers

Toad

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
digger06

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 05:30:51 PM »

checked the front tire? my xj9 trike wobbled until the tire bedded away from bike use to trike wear pattern
klogan45

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »

Thanks toad and digger06.
I've been down and had a measure, I've got 67.5cm.
Now I know what the measurement is i'll get things finished off and through the MOT and see if the tyre beds in. If not then I'll try lowering the back by 4cm.
Thanks again guys,regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: