May 09, 2024, 08:43:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WIREING LOOM  (Read 1325 times)
pat

« on: March 09, 2010, 10:37:31 PM »

A friend has triked a gs850. However the wireing is an absolute mess and he has asked me to enquire if the wireing loom from a cx500 could be used to replace that on the susuki.
pat
nabsim

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »

I know nothing about either of the looms you mention but at the end of the day all you are looking at is connecting bits together. If the CX has enough cables and in the right places it could be used so long as the rating of the cables is right. Unless your friend is going to draw out the new loom as he goes along it could be a nightmare in the future tracing faults.

I would have thought either get a GS loom or rewire it from scratch would be a better bet. Wait for some of those who do this to answer you first though Wink

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »

You will find that looms in general,and partic. Japanese looms, are "tailored" to the machine they were designed for, and therefore have very little slack, so the short answer is, don't bother. Far better to get a s/h loom from ideally the same model, or at least from the same model range/Manuf. otherwise you will find that terminations won't stretch to where you find them on the alternative machine. Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »

oh dear, ive a gs850 loom, but its a little chopped about. not sure if its salvageable, i'll have alook at it tomorrow. if its any good you can have it.

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:35:02 PM »

GS850's are noted for having sh*te electrics I would rewire the lot if you can and use the original as a guide.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:56:06 PM »

the one ive got is chopped of at the reg/rec and most other components, so not much use.
 i'd go with doc's idea and rewire using your old loom as a guide.
good luck and take your time

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: