May 09, 2024, 03:11:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wireing problem  (Read 1461 times)
tony b

« on: April 04, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »

ive got a gpz 550 and last week it blew one of the fuses,i replaced this and a few miles down the road it blew the replacement,its a 15 amp fuse ,i noticed that the rear light also went out,
the only thing ive added is a set of heated grips wired directly to the battery as per instructions
has anyone any idea what might be wrong

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
Mr_G

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »

Earthing problem somewhere inline with the fuse? Maybe what ever the fuse supplies has an intermittant short circuit to earth somewhere, this would cause the fuse to blow. Hope this helps.

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
Clive

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »

Which fuse is it buddy?

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Hillbilly Deluxe

i dont have an attitude ....maybe it's just you ??

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:04:17 PM »

try disconecting the heated grips,just because they are new,does'nt mean they aint' faulty

tony b

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 08:36:48 PM »

its the fuse that runs the rear and front side light and the dash clocks

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 09:26:26 PM »

My ex girlfriend, Rainbow, had heated handlebar grips on her Yamaha Fazer. They were great -toasty warm, (I've always suffered with the cold on bikes), but drew a hell of a lot of power. Drained the battery several times by leaving them switched on after she'd parked up.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 10:07:09 AM »

I've got 'Hot Hands' from Oxford products on my Bulldog, nice and warm in winter and you can take them off for the summer Grin

ive got a gpz 550 and last week it blew one of the fuses,i replaced this and a few miles down the road it blew the replacement,its a 15 amp fuse ,i noticed that the rear light also went out,

Earthing problem somewhere inline with the fuse? Maybe what ever the fuse supplies has an intermittant short circuit to earth somewhere, this would cause the fuse to blow. Hope this helps.

Same thing happened on an old CB900 I had, took me over a month to track down a short in the rear wireing loom (crushed wire under the seat).
This sort of thing can drive you absolutely crazy, when it does just walk away and come back to it later, you will find it, it's just a matter of luck as to how quickly Wink

Good luck and keep us all informed of how much hair you have left at the finish line Grin

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
tony b

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 11:35:33 AM »

simple simon,i havent got much hair to start with,lol

Firery Fred

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 02:17:41 PM »

A mate of mine had an intermittent lecky fault on an old honda 750,drove him so mad, one day he pushed it down an old railway line and set fire to it  Shocked

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »

I was soooooooo tempted to do the same with that CB but it was just great fun to ride (when it worked properly) Wink

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: