May 17, 2024, 10:49:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565015 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5970 on: April 14, 2013, 02:27:37 PM »

queueing up to use the bench, power leads etc. So I'm giving it a miss today & nipping over to Farnham in Surrey for a little classic car show.

Anyway - all work and no play, you know how the saying goes!  Wish there was a bit more going on round here!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
kapri

« Reply #5971 on: April 14, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »

Re the oil light, try a new oil light switch first as the cheapest fix option Smiley  Oil pump is part of the front casing timing cover so it's a complete cover required .

Might be quicker/easier to come down with a pressure guage, to check the actual pressure at some point. If you don't mind I'll do it when it isn't raining!!

Nah, that'll give him something more to worry about! If the oil pressure light goes off then it's good to go Wink
kapri

« Reply #5972 on: April 14, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »

Also don't want to leave it unattended in public with no glass in the doors.
I don't blame you. Someone might nick it, because it's so unobtrusive Wink
Might see you at Farnham if I get a chance to escape.

Beat me to it !LOL  I used to have a 41 Chevy pick up and I never locked it. To fire it up you not only had to have a special key but a sequence of switches up and down in the correct order.

Having had a £150 window broken to steal a £40 stereo I hardly ever bother locking older cars . If I do have a burglar alarm fitted I normally have the siren INSIDE the car as no one outside ever does anything about them. 140db in your ear gets old real quick.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:31:36 PM by kapri » Logged
Chevy Rick

« Reply #5973 on: April 14, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »

(  Wish there was a bit more going on round here!)

Cars on the Bournemouth Prom today, Poole Bike Night in the week, Bristol Classic Car Show next weekend what more do you want Bobby Male strippers Huh Huh Huh
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5974 on: April 14, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »

Fail - didn't know about cars on the prom!

I have often suggested a bit of male eye candy at events but the chauvinist organisers don't take any notice.    Undecided
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:43:08 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #5975 on: April 14, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »

Re the oil light, try a new oil light switch first as the cheapest fix option Smiley  Oil pump is part of the front casing timing cover so it's a complete cover required .

Might be quicker/easier to come down with a pressure guage, to check the actual pressure at some point. If you don't mind I'll do it when it isn't raining!!

Nah, that'll give him something more to worry about! If the oil pressure light goes off then it's good to go Wink

It'll give him even more to worry about if it starts to knock and rattle!!

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
cunningplan

« Reply #5976 on: April 14, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »

When I had the rover lump in the mini the oil light would flicker at tic over (they are known of it) you can put a stronger spring or put packing behind the old spring in the oil pressure switch, I had a adjustable one made (You might be able to buy them) The end plug was drilled and tapped, it had a bolt to adjust it with a lock nut (You also needed a little ptfe tape on the thread to stop it leaking) never had a problem after.
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #5977 on: April 14, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »

Surely you need to know weather you have good oil pressure in other areas of the rev range before making that modification though.

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5978 on: April 14, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »

How about I just take the bulb out & pretend everything's fine?  Tongue
Should've taken it to the classic show today cos it was a lovely sunny morning. It was pre-book only though, so Id've had to park it round the corner somewhere, which would've buggered the whole point of going, (I know I'm supposed to just enjoy driving it anyway, & I do, but it would be nice to show it off a bit).
Must admit though, I don't like it being seen looking so scruffy & half built. As I keep saying, it's not a ratrod, it's just not finished yet. Obviously it needs to be driven to sort the faults out, but there's a lot of bodywork & stuff to finish yet too.
Tomorrow's supposed to be dry & sunny again, so I'm hoping to take it for a spin after work, out on the open road for the first time with me at the wheel.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:24:31 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
cunningplan

« Reply #5979 on: April 15, 2013, 06:47:35 PM »

Surely you need to know weather you have good oil pressure in other areas of the rev range before making that modification though.

True, just to make sure I would put a gauge on it and keep a eye for a few weeks to see. As said, they are known for it and I even completely rebuilt one for a trike and that was the same. you can always turn the tick over up a little. The other problem I had with mine was the charging side at tick over, that light would also flash, you can get a smaller pully for it but I never bothered, only had a problem once when I was stuck with a flat battery outside my sisters in Hornchurch.
spanners

« Reply #5980 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »

andy,
have you got youre v5 back yet ?  i,m still waiting for mine from swansea, Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5981 on: April 15, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »

Loony had other stuff to do today so wasn't at the workshop this afternoon. I need some welding done around the drivers door before I go too far in it, (got several fill-in pieces held in place with masking tape around the door latch pin). So I didn't get my drive today. Put a gallon of fresh fuel in it though. If Mr Loon can tack everything in place tomorrow I hope to take it out to the local American style diner a few miles up the road on my day off on Wednesday. I want to give it a run on smooth tarmacced roads cos I've only driven it up & down the lanes around the workshop so far.
Don't want to turn the tickover up too much Tony cos it tends to creep up once it's warm. As you say, we'll keep an eye on the warning light & visit Mr Phunkie for a proper pressure test when we can.
Nope Mike, not had my registration document back yet. Getting a little worried cos I posted it off on the 19th of last month, (they'd wrongly listed it as a saloon instead of a pick-up). Is there an enquiry number to phone for missing documents?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #5982 on: April 15, 2013, 10:16:08 PM »

just look up dvla number and go through all press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, and so on options untill you get a person, and have a moan at them then they may put you through to the right department  Undecided Undecided bit like buying a ,lotto, ticket,, Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #5983 on: April 16, 2013, 05:24:37 AM »

just look up dvla number and go through all press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, and so on options untill you get a person, and have a moan at them then they may put you through to the right department  Undecided Undecided bit like buying a ,lotto, ticket,, Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
But the odds aren't as good. Wink
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:26:33 AM by Old Newbie » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
kapri

« Reply #5984 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41:51 PM »

Did you know you have more chance of being stabbed by a relative than winning the lottery ...or getting through to someone with sense at DVLA ?! LOL Give them a ring Andy to chase it up, more than likely been sent up the Policy office for s decision on whether it needs an inspection ( again ) or not!:(
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: