May 17, 2024, 09:13:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564982 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5130 on: July 29, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5131 on: July 29, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5132 on: July 31, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

My day off today & I had some errands to do, so wasn't planning on visiting the 'shop. Loony's Dad's just bought a new mill though & it's being delivered tomorrow, so the Pop needed to be back on it's wheels today. Sorted. Not worth a pic, but the front end's back together & the wibbly wobbly wheels are fixed. Thanks Tony.  Wink
Hoping for a return visit from Mr Kapri in the near future to re-route the front brake pipes & re-site the brake light switch, (currently the lowest part of the vehicle). So I need to buy a few more brake pipe unions next. Things are slowly coming together. Available time & money are the biggest problems at the moment.

poprodder

« Reply #5133 on: July 31, 2012, 05:35:52 PM »

"Available time & money are the biggest problems at the moment."

ditto.

panthershaun

« Reply #5134 on: August 01, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »

"Available time & money are the biggest problems at the moment."

ditto.

yup  Cry Cry

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5135 on: August 03, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »

Project Pop's temporarily been ousted from the cosy confines of Loony's workshop to live under a tarpaulin outside, while he tackles a couple of large jobs, one of which is the Bedford truck in the background of some of the recent photos. Not a lot I can do while it's outside, especially with rain forcast for the rest of the week, but I've just ordered the fittings to re-plumb the front brake calipers. At the moment I've got braided hoses screwed directly into the top of the calipers. Not particularly pretty & could possibly work loose with constant turning of the wheels. With Mr Kapri's invaluable help, we plan to swap them for copper pipes feeding into repro Triumph GT6 hoses.
Next big job will be fitting the new hinges & latches to the doors.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5136 on: August 09, 2012, 10:17:13 PM »

No news to report, but the brake fittings have arrived. I'm hoping Uncle Kev can come back & show me how the brakes should be re-plumbed & give me a hand to re-bleed them. Haven't fired the engine up since we got back from the Festival of Transport way back in May, so would be nice to check it over & run it again too.
Been a busy week or 2 for Loony, with a couple of big rush jobs on, which have seen the Pop relegated to being wrapped in a tarpaulin outside. When I've been to the 'shop it's been raining so not much I could do, & when it's been sunny I've been working late or had other errands to do. So it'll be good to get back to normal & crack on with things soon.

steven brock

« Reply #5137 on: August 10, 2012, 06:41:53 AM »

Come on Andy get tha finger out... I manage two businesses and have four kids under 8, you inspired me to build my trike n if I can find the time I bet you can! ... Go for it.... (please)  Wink

steel wasn't invented to make bloody staples with!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5138 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »

Yessir. Sorry sir!  Grin
I'll be there after work tomorrow afternoon. I have to work around whatever Loony's doing in the workshop, which sometimes means I can't chuck grinding sparks about for instance. I don't usually get there till 2.30 ish, after my 8 hour shift at the Post Office, & we leave at 5.30/6 ish. Sometimes I get loads achieved in that time. Sometimes it's all thinking time, trying to find a way around the latest problem. I often think I'm not getting anywhere, but it's gradually improving, bit by bit.
Tomorrow being Saturday, there'll be other guys at the 'shop, working on their own projects, which can be fun, or a pain in the neck if you need the tools/workbench/power cable etc. If the weather holds I want to unwrap the tarp' & crack on with the last floor/footwell panels, ready for Kev to look at the brakes.

Picked up the latest issue of Custom Car magazine this afternoon. They've been joking that every cover features a green car lately. The new cover says "Black is the new green" & features all black cars. Bugger -behind the trend again.

poprodder

« Reply #5139 on: August 10, 2012, 08:09:02 PM »

lol

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5140 on: August 16, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »

Back to the 'shop this morning. Not been able to do much for the last couple of weeks &, to be honest, my building mojo's been seriously lacking.
Mr Kapri trundled up from the South Coast today though in his new toy -a rather spiffing Ford Econoline in chrome yellow. I've always loved these. Very stylish. Kev's just converted the Custard Cart to run on LPG. Nice.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5141 on: August 16, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »

Nice to see Scottie the hotrod haulier too, who came to collect the VW "beach bastard" style trike body Loony's been painting -I'm not allowed to show you it cos it's been promised to a bike publication at a later date. That means there's room for the Pop to roll back indoors.
Uncle Kev's reworked the brake caliper pipes, using the Triumph GT6 rubber hoses I bought, plus short lengths of copper pipe. The calipers are from a GT6 & this is how they're supposed to be plumbed. We made a temporary bracket to support them, so having checked nothing fouls on full lock, I can remake it in steel strap now. We also repositioned the brake light switch as it hung so low, below the master cylinder. Now it'll screw into a T piece mounted under the front chassis cross member. A bit of tidying up & checking everything's tight, then we can re-bleed the brakes.
The wiring for the sidelights on top of the front mudguards, which is hanging down in this photo, will eventually be routed inside the mudguard strut.
Lots of surface rust to scrub off, but look at those shiny new kingpins!
Thanks, as always, for your help Kev.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:05:33 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

one arm bandit

« Reply #5142 on: August 16, 2012, 07:30:49 PM »

im a lover of any ford of the pre 80's and that that is bloody smart, i want one Cry
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #5143 on: August 16, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »

Nicely done Mr. M. as ever, tidy purposeful engineering...........I like your style Boyo"" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Beware the Ides of March, But!
poprodder

« Reply #5144 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »

great to see you've got the mojo back andy, can you pass some to me please. Sad

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: