May 17, 2024, 10:52:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565015 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2775 on: February 18, 2011, 11:30:27 PM »

Ever steered a boat Andy?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2776 on: February 19, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »

Grin
New fuel pumps have arrived.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #2777 on: February 19, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »

i've one of them sat doing nothing!!!!  oops!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2778 on: February 19, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »

Muppet!
I've refitted the ballast resistor you sent me by the way. When the guys were sorting the engine out last week they found a wiring diagram for the electronic ignition in a Haynes manual for a Range Rover. It showed the resistor fitted, so we figured we should put it back in.

poprodder

« Reply #2779 on: February 19, 2011, 09:59:16 PM »

glad its been used andy.
just thought, my pump could be used on my next project!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2780 on: February 22, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »

3 afternoons & 2 lengths of ERW tube, just to make a short water pipe across the top of the engine.
It doesn't always go right the first time. I'd originally planned to run without a heater, so blanked off the water inlet & outlets on the engine. Then changed my mind, picked up a cheap heater from Ebay & had to rework things. We decided the big 3/4 inch bore rubber tube from the water pump looked a bit naff draped across the top of the manifold, so I made up a steel pipe to route it around the carb. Once it's powder-coated or chromed it'll hopefully blend into the rest of the motor. The return pipe attaches to the back of the manifold.
Just need to hook them up to the heater inside the cab now.
Had a visit today from Scottie of Moving Hotrods ltd. He was delivering a broken VW Polo for Loony to work on. Scottie & his good lady Gina belong to the Wild Bunch nostalgia drag racing club & run the Tiki Munki drag car. Open this month's Custom Car magazine & you'll find the man & the car featured & in the centrespread. Manky -friend to the stars.  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:16:49 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

terry t

« Reply #2781 on: February 22, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »

Hi Andy. coming along slowly but surely. so when are you and Loony going to have the next monkey meet up there to get it going again. theres only 8 weeks Friday for the rushmoor arena run
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2782 on: February 22, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »

You only require a ballast resistor if running a 9v coil Andy.......Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #2783 on: February 23, 2011, 07:02:14 AM »

3 afternoons & 2 lengths of ERW tube, just to make a short water pipe across the top of the engine.
It doesn't always go right the first time. I'd originally planned to run without a heater, so blanked off the water inlet & outlets on the engine. Then changed my mind, picked up a cheap heater from Ebay & had to rework things. We decided the big 3/4 inch bore rubber tube from the water pump looked a bit naff draped across the top of the manifold, so I made up a steel pipe to route it around the carb. Once it's powder-coated or chromed it'll hopefully blend into the rest of the motor. The return pipe attaches to the back of the manifold.
Just need to hook them up to the heater inside the cab now.
Had a visit today from Scottie of Moving Hotrods ltd. He was delivering a broken VW Polo for Loony to work on. Scottie & his good lady Gina belong to the Wild Bunch nostalgia drag racing club & run the Tiki Munki drag car. Open this month's Custom Car magazine & you'll find the man & the car featured & in the centrespread. Manky -friend to the stars.  Tongue
more and more keeps sneaking in

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
toad

« Reply #2784 on: February 23, 2011, 08:33:51 AM »

You only require a ballast resistor if running a 9v coil Andy.......Morrag

i tried explaining that awhile back Grin

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2785 on: February 23, 2011, 09:50:42 AM »

I know, I know. Like I said, when the guys consulted a wiring diagram for the electronic ignition set-up it showed a ballast resistor fitted, so we bunged one in. It's no problem to take it back off before it's properly wired.
Terry, I'm working my way through the engine bay, hooking up the various hoses, cables etc to make it driveable. The water system needs to be complete so it'll circulate around the motor, which is why I'm sorting the heater pipes out now. As posted in the wanted section, we also need to find transport to get the truck to the WheelsDay show. 8 weeks eh? No pressure then.
I like to drop the word chrome in every now & then, just to annoy you lot!  Grin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:22:45 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Cabman77

« Reply #2786 on: February 23, 2011, 09:53:54 AM »

nowt wrong with chrome if it`s used in the right context.....................................................................bathroom fittings.......kitchen taps.........bog roll holders................you know..............girlie things ...............lol  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2787 on: February 23, 2011, 09:55:54 AM »

Spanners, knives, 357 Magnums ...

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2788 on: February 23, 2011, 02:03:45 PM »

Don't be stupid Cabman - those things need to be gold plated!

And um - try calling all those big hairy hog riders girlie - I'd love to watch!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Cabman77

« Reply #2789 on: February 23, 2011, 02:12:39 PM »

I do Bobbi that`s the funny part  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: