May 14, 2024, 04:57:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wheel adapters  (Read 1296 times)
panthershaun

« on: May 31, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »

I need a couple of wheel adapters made, what gauge (mm) steel should I use? it is to convert spitfire hubs to take Ford model Y wires. Going on the Panther trike so not going to be under much strain, also can anyone on here cut them out for me? and how much?.

Cheers

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:29:27 PM »

FLC's probably the man to ask. Twisted has a lathe, but not sure how big he can go on it. Thickness depends on the design of the adapter -simplest way would be a steel ring with recessed bolt holes to take the original wheel nuts, with new studs protruding from the front. Obviously the adapter ring would have to be thick enough for the original nuts to go down flush with the face of the adapter & it would only work if the new stud pattern doesn't interfere with the old one. Otherwise you may need a thicker, 2 piece adapter -one that bolts to the hub & a second that bolts to the first.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: