May 14, 2024, 05:09:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wheel bearings  (Read 2608 times)
gpz

« on: March 29, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »

i went to michaels off selby today ,but they aint in selby any more sat wanted to take me all over but got there in the end ,alas no parts man today typical but the salesman stepped in they even pressed the old bearing off the half shaft i took slipped up should have taken both , well not to worry excellent set up just need to get the other bearing off .i have had a 3legged puller on the other shaft for days and no sign off movement looks as though it is off to local garage that has a press. manky u were right grand chaps
at michaels
tazet
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 06:08:07 PM »

So if they are not in Selby where are they?
gpz

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 06:27:17 PM »

they are in a village called chappel haddesley which is a few miles out off selby its just off the a19 ,we got sent wrong by a guy near selby but it was worth the hassle when we got there
tazet
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 11:09:23 PM »

When we were up in York on our way back we drove through Selby just in case and that will explain why we never found it. We didn't have details with us it was just an chance thing. At least we now know.
tazet
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 01:08:06 AM »

Oh and PD managed to get mine off. 20 ton of pressure on one and 25 on the other. Previously it had been heated on a BBQ and also Manky's brother Brock had a go with heat and a press but PD's press at work was much bigger and finally did the job. Find a lorry/truck garage as their presses will be a higher pressure.
gpz

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 09:42:22 AM »

thanks for that if i had known how hard they were to get off i would have taken both shafts with me i watched from the parts dept window while the guy stripped the bearing off it took literally 2 minutes  i suppose i could always take the other one and pay them to do it
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »

Probably the easiest option -tell them we sent you. Might not remember MMMotors but we always give 'em a plug cos they're worth it. Might be worth a small discount on future sales if they know we're advertising them.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
gpz

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:39:23 PM »

had quite a good day today finished work early and decided to see if i could get the  hub off the drive shaft anyway i used my pipe bender and the hub came off obviously not as well fixed as taz,s was only 12 tons of force needed so on to paint up the axle and one step closer
peanut

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 09:38:44 PM »

My first pair of hubs were bent crescent-shaped by an 'expert' (not me, honest) with a ten-tonne press. I went to the Reliant Garage in Bradford and bought a second-hand pair. The big guy there took them off a pair of half shafts with a big cone-shaped puller and a large hammer smack in about 2 minutes. He said that the hammer smack was the important bit!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: