May 16, 2024, 06:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: WD 40 USES  (Read 4482 times)
nabsim

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »

when sprayed on toilet seats and window ledges in clubs pub and bars its stops the use of cocaine as it sticks it together (old doorman trick)

Now being out in the sticks in the middle of nowhere I wouldn't have known that. The only coke round here comes in bottles to drink or bags to burn on the fire Smiley

dobber

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »

someone once told me what it stands for, forgot the wd bit but the 40 was for 40 days

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
thebigdogsix

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »

Water displacer and i believe it was the 40th attempt
Olds

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »

True, and it works. We used to get through cans of the stuff on the V8 Land Rover racers, literally washing the electrics in the stuff on wet courses.
Please do not rub it into your skin, yes it can give temporary relief (it depresses the nervous system) but is really bad for you in the long term. Its main ingredient is a type of white spirit and not fish oil.
Don't mean to be a kill joy.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:17:39 PM by Old Newbie » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Cabman77

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 10:07:31 PM »

WD40 stands for War Department formula 40. It was the 40th attempt at getting a lubricant formula right for an American military contract. They got it right on number 40 and that was that never went any further, no need to really was there.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Darren, if doormen do that then you`re all a bunch of B%&^$*d`s do you know how much that stuff cost`s HuhHuh?? Grin Grin Grin Grin (only joking honest officer)

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
nabsim

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »

When brother in law worked for Jersey Electric back in the 80/90s they used to have a huge engine (Vulcan Bomber I think) driving a generator as a backup. They used to fire this up every so often to make sure it worked when needed and he said they had 45 gallon drums of WD40 that were used up when it fired up. Not exactly sure if it was used as a lubricant or for something else but they used a lot when the tested it. I never saw/heard it start up but he said it was an experience Smiley

Cabman77

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 12:53:18 PM »

The Vulcan engines run on Kerosene, I was told once that the quality of kerosene is so hit and miss that they put additives in until it reaches the correct level to be able to use it. Some places pumped the additive into the plane with the additive going in at the same time rather than trying to mix it in a bunker. I believe that WD40 was one of the things they tried because they had so much of it. Grin Grin Grin Grin

nabsim

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 12:56:58 PM »

I was going to say it may have been a fuel but it didn't seem right seeing what it costs. How you doing Cabby? Enjoying the Harley?

Cabman77

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 01:13:25 PM »

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes!!!!!! very much so. Went to the Condom Rally the other weekend fully loaded. Couldn`t get a definitive answer about air pressure in the front forks so pumped it up a few extra pounds.........................................now I`ve got a blown forkseal!!!!!! I`ve since worked out the settings and I didn`t take it over the max but I don`t think the shop put very good quality ones in before I bought it. Still I`m looking forward to a full day of dismantling the entire front end, 20 minutes of seal changing (£8.50 for quality ones!!!) then about a day or day `n` half of rebuilding the front end again.

Oh how we suffer for our art pmsl  Grin Grin Grin Grin

thebigdogsix

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »

http://www.wd40.com/about-us/history/
thebigdogsix

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 08:32:41 PM »

http://www.wd40.com/about-us/myths-legends-fun-facts/
dobber

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »

you win the   ..whats it stand for... prize dan

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
thebigdogsix

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38:17 AM »

Lol  Smiley
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »

well its taken a while for the results are in on the mirror test

result on order of happening

i spray mirror and "polish" as best i can
run shower on hot with door closed
find mirror not gummed up
verdict ---- pass
additional info

wife comes home cant figure out why there funny smell
asks if ive been doing door hinges ( i reply yes )
next day wife uses shower but complains of a haze on the mirror and adds expletive did you spray that stuff on the mirror HuhHuh
verdict ----- no pass

extra in :
wd40 can also help you run and avoid flying bathroom objects  Tongue
digger06

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »

The lubricating bit I understand, but I didn't know it works as a cleaner -does it really remove duct tape stickiness?

yup, removes old tank pad sticky too, it also softens the sticky on black tape , so be carefull when you spray it on wires thats been taped,
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: