May 17, 2024, 11:58:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565032 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7200 on: March 13, 2014, 10:17:35 PM »

Huh?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
kapri

« Reply #7201 on: March 13, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »

I have a dowloaded combined GPS and speed camera alert on my phone.

http://www.roadpilot.com/roadpilot/concept.asp

Was cheap but can't remember how much, something like £24 for a years subscription I think?
kapri

« Reply #7202 on: March 13, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »

My pop and model A never had a speedo,used a free speedo app on my old blackberry that even had a setting to reflect it up on the windscreen as a heads up display!!!
Haven't used them personally but have heard good things about those self balancing beads you put in the tyre.

Takes  forever feeding them through the valve one at a time though Sad
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7203 on: March 13, 2014, 10:25:50 PM »

That's just what I was thinking Kev!
My phone cost 15 quid from Tescos. Sometimes it lets me make calls or send texts.

NeilG

« Reply #7204 on: March 13, 2014, 10:43:22 PM »

My uncle used them on his bike and reckons they work great.
Normally they give you a squeezy bottle which you fill with the beads,take the tyre valve out and blow the beads in.Does take a while though.
Olds

« Reply #7205 on: March 13, 2014, 10:48:09 PM »

Sometimes it lets me make calls or send texts.
And sometimes it does it on it's own. Wink

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7206 on: March 13, 2014, 11:31:09 PM »

And sometimes it does it on it's own. Wink

Indeed it does!   Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7207 on: March 14, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »

Yeah, I suspect my phone has a better social life than I do.

Another day of errand running this afternoon.
Back to the tyre fitter to see how he got on with balancing the rear wheels. Not done yet, so got to go back on Monday.
Then over to Newbury in Berkshire to pay Phil for the upholstery I picked up yesterday. Then down to the powder coaters to collect a box of coated parts -"After we'd coated them, they didn't seem to fit back in your box, so we had to find a bigger one". That's some thick coating!
Then further down the road to see lovely Leia, who owns BKI Welding -a girl who runs her own welding shop. that's my kinda gal! Asked if they could weld a fuel tank that's recently had petrol in it. No problem, we'll rinse it out then flush it with gas, (Argon?). That's handy. I want to change the locking fuel cap on the Pop tank, (the oval one in the pick-up bed), for a standard bayonet fitting one, to match the one on the other tank that Kapri's mate is making. That involves slicing the top off the filler neck & welding on the new one I've bought. I'll leave that to the professionals.
Here's one of the aluminium rear mudguards, now gloss black. The fronts will be done next week.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7208 on: March 14, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »

And the steel steering wheel. A modern reproduction of a 30s/40s Fordson tractor wheel. We started with a black Morris Minor wheel, then I bought this from a stall at a steam fair & Mr Newbie machined an adaptor for it. I know everyone liked it in bare metal & it was cool to show off the fact that it was metal, but I prefer it in black & it's my truck, so there!

poprodder

« Reply #7209 on: March 14, 2014, 11:03:55 PM »

wheel looks miles better in black.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7210 on: March 14, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »

Ahh, but you liked the Moggy one Chris. It looks more car like I think.

poprodder

« Reply #7211 on: March 15, 2014, 12:34:22 PM »

i did like the morris one, but now this ones got colour on it it looks much better.

merv

« Reply #7212 on: March 15, 2014, 09:55:07 PM »

I think someone has been a busy monkey

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7213 on: March 15, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »

Busy, busy.
Nice to find Mr Kapri at the workshop when I arrived this afternoon, up from the coast in his rather splendid pick-up truck, followed by Mr Newbie on his equally splendiferous tricycle. I do have some pretty cool mates!
A lovely day here in downtown Basingstoke & the recent flood water's finally starting to recede. It's been flowing through Loony's workshop yard like a river for weeks now. Enough of it left though for me to have to lay on my back under the Pop in a puddle to remove the main fuel tank, ready to take to the welder on Monday. What's the best thing to flush it out with? Water?
Also removed the triangulated 4 bar rods, that locate the rear axle, (yes, I did measure them before unscrewing the rose joints), as well as dropping out the battery box. The whole underside of the truck's thick with surface rust after we drove for a couple of months on heavily salted roads at the end of last year. I'm shot-blasting & powder-coating anything removable & will eventually get the whole chassis done, but that'll have to wait till next Winter now. While the truck's up on axle stands I'll wire wheel off the worst of the crud & slap a coat of KuRust on it all.

Baychimp

« Reply #7214 on: March 15, 2014, 10:15:32 PM »

Didn't you take any photos.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: