May 15, 2024, 12:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorcycle Mega Meet & Vintage Aircraft Fly-in. Popham Sun 19 August  (Read 21208 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 09:04:10 PM »

Right-o. Big classic car show on over my way, but I do like the Popham bike show. You'll find me perusing the autojumble.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »

We won`t make it now. Cuddles back is playing up and one of the grandsons threw himself at her and made it worse. We`re going on a long run (for us) on the 1st September so need her to be ok for then. Been putting some miles in today and the Harley is a diamond, bonus thing is Cuddles is happy with it too.

You coming up to KKBO?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »

No mention of start time on the Popham site, but I'll be there around lunchtime.

Cabman77

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »

We won`t make it now. Cuddles back is playing up and one of the grandsons threw himself at her and made it worse. We`re going on a long run (for us) on the 1st September so need her to be ok for then. Been putting some miles in today and the Harley is a diamond, bonus thing is Cuddles is happy with it too.

You coming up to KKBO?

KKBO?

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
terry t

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »

it was a lovely day.  plenty of traders. and lots of bikes. met a few MMs as well Big Daren/PD and ChevyRick. and just before i left i met JayJay with Alfie. didn't see Mr MM. JJ said he was looking around the trade stall.in all it was a good turn out. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »

Nope, didn't see you either Mr T.  Grin
-looking very dapper there mate. A gentleman about town on his tricycle.

Chevy Rick

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 06:17:10 PM »

Good show and a great jumble think its the largest jumble I have seen there good to meet some MMs Terry Voodoo Muffin Michelle and the Man himself MR MM (Andy) hope you all had a good day. Grin Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »

I arrived around 12.0.clock, having spent ages skirting around the traffic queues on the M3 -seems the whole country had decided to go out for a drive today.
It was seriously hot out there. I know we've been moaning about events being cancelled this Summer because of the rain, but I think we had a months worth of sunshine in one go today.
Always enjoy the Popham meet. It's classic bikes, rather than customs, but the old guys in cloth caps know a thing or two about motors & there's always some beautiful machines to see. They say there's nothing new under the sun & it's amazing how often I spot what I think are modern ideas, fitted as standard on bikes that are 80 or 90 years old. Being a local show, there's always familiar faces among the crowd. I bumped into JJ & Rick almost as soon as I arrived, spotted Terry cruising by & chatted to Jacko & his merry band of triketeers.
Although I wasn't specifically looking for anything, I still managed to find stuff to buy among the trade stalls:
a pack of angle grinder discs
a pack of heavy gauge tent pegs, (to make some bonnet struts for the truck from)
a pack of hooks for Loony, (to hang stuff on for painting)
some rubber exhaust mounting bobbins
2 metres of 2" bore black heatshrink tubing, (gonna have a go at sleeving the front leaf spring on the truck)

plus these little beauties. A pair of aluminium bellmouths for the mark 1 Amal carbs I'm putting on my XS650. Turned from thick walled tube.
Ooh, so-o-o shiney. Lookit the pretty things. No. No you can't touch. They're mine. All mine. My preciousess. 
Managed to buy the wrong size though, (900 series instead of 600), so after trying them on my carbs back at Loony's workshop, I had to dash back to the show & change 'em. Fortunately the stall holder was still there.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »

A selection of sunny show snapshots.
Looks like I made the right choice of show today. My other option was the Cranleigh classic car show, just 10 miles from home in the other direction. One of Taz's friends went -apparently they had a Summer thunderstorm there around lunchtime that absolutely deluged the site.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »

Not my taste, but the Reliant axle diff casing poking through the floor panel amused me.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 06:37:29 PM »

Lots of trikes.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 06:39:17 PM »

How does the owner get away with this massive sword strapped across the back of his trike?!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 06:40:00 PM »

Reliant.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:41:36 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 06:42:35 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: