May 05, 2024, 02:41:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2005 R6 CDI ECU  (Read 2575 times)
Mr_G

« on: May 08, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »

Evening all, just wondering if anyone out there knows anything about R6's. My mate has one and his CDI ECU box has gone breasts skywards. I was wondering if one off of a 98-02 model would fit and function correctly. There seems to be a few of the afore mentioned on eBay at the moment for some good prices. Also does anyone know the part number for it? The ones on eBay are lsted as 5EB and/or 5MT.

Thanks for any help provided.

G.

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
gsxrsam

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 05:18:03 PM »

yours is a 5vy model i believe which is 04 to 06 twin underseat pipe models...

never heard of cdi going before!!   you sure its knacked?

anyway, dave will prob have one...  07850-5562621 tell him Sam at weighton, pronounced weeton, gave you number..

Sam.

i have decided to live forever or die trying
Mr_G

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »

Ok thanks for that Sam, I'll give him a bell. My mate took his bike to the shop that he bought it from and they told him that the CDI was dead. Personally from the symptoms he described to me I don't understand what the CDI has to do with it. Bassically he couldn't start it so he bought a new battery for it, plugged it in and charged it fully. Then he switched on the ignition and there was nothing not even lights on the dash, then he put the charger back on and tried again, i think he said this time he got lights on the dash but when he pressed the start button it all died again but then an ER1 message was displayed. I asked him if he connected the battery correct and checked the fuses, all ok.......................  just got off the phone to him after passing the information accross and he said that he has been told that this fault has been seen before on other peoples r6's, they found that it was simply a bad wire connection that feeds power to the CDI ECU, he's goina take a look tomorrow evening all being well.

Cheers G.

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
gsxrsam

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:10:28 AM »

sounds more like it, most modern bikes are so light everything is as short and thin as possible, which means wires are usually easy to rub through if disturbed..  eg.. fitting race cans, just move these wires a bit...plus the plugs and connectors dont seem same quality they used to be.

im sure a prod on each cable block will bring up a suspect wire or two..

Sam.

i have decided to live forever or die trying
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: