May 21, 2024, 02:03:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Dorset Steam Fair  (Read 1143 times)
Chevy Rick

« on: August 27, 2008, 11:18:37 PM »

What can i say that hasn't been said about this event in previous years, well it's the 40th and is still getting bigger and better, i look around the parking area and see coaches with registrations from Holland, Poland, Switzerland, Germany and France and also get to speak to Americans who say they have nothing like it in the states. One eye opener for me was, as i was queueing to enter Customs & excise were moving along the commercial vehicles dipping the tanks with a siphon, looking for red diesel, i wonder to have a team of officers there all day does it pay off.

Chevy Rick

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »

Just thought i'd mention in the main gallery of photo's of this event (GDSF) there are photo's of a miniture yellow Scammell 1/3 scale to the full size one beside, the 1/3 scale model is powered by a reliant engine, there is no end to what these little engines will be used for. Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:57:09 PM »

Damn! You mean we missed the opportunity for a write-up for the site on it?  Angry

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: