May 14, 2024, 12:50:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: locking fuel cap?  (Read 1543 times)
twisted

« on: April 23, 2014, 11:06:02 PM »

i have a harley king sportster tank on my trike. it has a cam lock style fuel cap. i am beginning to worry that when i start riding it out and about that when i leave it alone some little oink might nick me fuel  Shocked.
does anyone now where i can get a cam lock cap to fit that locks? cheers

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Olds

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 06:25:56 AM »

Locking caps for the old Mini etc should fit. The one on my trike, came with an MGB. Worth trying one to check first.
If someone really wants your fuel, they will just cut the pipe to the carb. Angry
 I only fit one, as someone once put what looked like, very fine sand in my car fuel tank. I didn't realise for a while and it caused breakdowns, damage and a lot of expense. Perhaps I'd upset someone.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
twisted

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 05:14:30 PM »

cheers again ON. my mind is still in car mode (where only real access is fuel cap) and forgot that i have lengths of fuel line exposed for people with sticky fingers to nab fuel from  Sad. will have a looks see if i can find a cap like you said to try and see if it fits. Wink

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: