May 14, 2024, 04:17:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: breaks  (Read 2105 times)
v8dodger

« on: September 24, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »

iv been shifting around the forum and there is shed lode to read but my question is simple if you have already don it.  im going to use  vw gti golf calipers what master cylinder will i need to push them and pipe sizes.for a trike bike conversion  has any one done this?
thank you
spanners

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:11:07 PM »

eee ello dodger ,,lol,
yep alot have used vw calipers but most on reliant axle,s and using nova discs but 98 time,s outa 100 landrover 90 clutch/ early series 3 (non servo) brake master cyl will do the job ,bang on,,   www.paddockspares  cheap as chips  or if needs be next time i,m back up the hills (nabs country) i can pick one up ..

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
v8dodger

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »

i need a reminder , the 90 clutch is it the one that has the filler on it  and not from a pipe with a bottle. i dont think it is but need to ask.
i made up a system two years ago for a trike that never happened. it is the reliant with nova disk .
what i was thinking of doing was using the same bolting point were the old master break was on the gs 650  and runnin the lever from the same point , it would save me a tun of work in fabrication new brackets and stuff. down side it its in a vertical position were it need to go . the only one i can think of is a metro and iv got that on the v8 and its pants for stopping. so it need s to have a separate bottle. with the same power as the one you describe.
v8dodger

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 11:39:12 PM »

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsestOpxJSVnR8RmRHejwo3Vka4U2U-w5Bq4ONsMHEI9J0zENk

will this work?
spanners

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 11:44:44 PM »

i need a reminder , the 90 clutch is it the one that has the filler on it  and not from a pipe with a bottle. i dont think it is but need to ask.
i made up a system two years ago for a trike that never happened. it is the reliant with nova disk .
what i was thinking of doing was using the same bolting point were the old master break was on the gs 650  and runnin the lever from the same point , it would save me a tun of work in fabrication new brackets and stuff. down side it its in a vertical position were it need to go . the only one i can think of is a metro and iv got that on the v8 and its pants for stopping. so it need s to have a separate bottle. with the same power as the one you describe.
i,ve an idea  what youre on about ,,the landy one has the res built in unless you get one for a pre  67 landy then they had aseperate res,  but you can buy em with a multitude of bore size,s to suite wharever you doing ,,pressure wise,,also  i think its ,car builder solutions, that sell/stock the other type ..seperate res,,,that can be used vertical ,,,,,,but,,, be warned .. on there price,s  Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
spanners

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:47:16 PM »

it mite but i cant tell proper what its meant to be ,,, little picture in top left hand with no details  Roll Eyes

v8dodger

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »

thanks iv got there catalog here somewhere, god knows what size bore im needing thou
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: