May 14, 2024, 03:14:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Supposed to be a trike  (Read 16761 times)
Hillbilly 101

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 12:03:49 AM »

Ha! I'll rephrase , the monkey stepped back when the orangutan wobbled up and proceeded to build the thing.... Or something, or other, or meh..... Duh... My brain hurts
spanners

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 12:12:07 AM »

lol,, i bought a ,,,,,,road legal,,,, trike of a driving instructor ,,,,   taxed and tested  ,, 48 hrs later it didnt exsist,,===== scrapped ,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Hillbilly 101

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 12:24:10 AM »

That should of happened to the reliant parked behind my trike and the trike itself.....
What is it with disshonest sellers? I just sold my cbr600 and pointed out every flaw I could find, then pointed out the good bits, got the money I was after and the buyer was happy as he new what it needed in the future etc....
Hillbilly 101

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »

Ey up chaps, got virtually bugger all done yesterday, (crap weather) managed to fit new fuel piping with an inline fuel filter (will have to go back and alter as I couldn't find my stainless jubilee clips)... Removedthe radiator from the reliant car, much different the one in the trike, wider but not as tall, centre house off the thermostat...

Other than that, measured my forks and there 33mm, there's a complete front end out of a cb450 on fleabay, but its double disc again, I'd prefer single as its simple...

Tried driving it up my drive, only gears I can find are reverse and 3rd I think, its like stirring porridge its so loose, gonna have to rob parts out of the reliant car I think, need to alter the seat, somehow find an adapter to push the carb forwards as my leg lies straight over the top of it....

And got a quote for s rewire... £1200 minimum... Gag
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 02:51:36 PM »

If that's anything like an average priced re wire it makes me feel like coming out of retirement!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Beware the Ides of March, But!
minimutly

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »

Agree with morrag, that's a bit ott for a trike rewire.
You may not to do the whole thing, just do the worst bits for now?
Hillbilly 101

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 09:39:50 PM »

Yeah I thought so, he is very very reputable though and has been in business a lot of years, nah all the wiring is horrendous, like scary I'm gonna go up in flames bad...
My gf's dad is a mechanic, so gonna try and sweet talk him....
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 10:15:37 PM »

A word of caution, perhaps, and with the greatest respect to mechanics!! not all mechanics make good, or reliable, in my experience, auto electricians, and whilst Reliant/trike type circuitry is not exactly demanding, compared with the modern vehicle, I would be a little careful whom you let loose Huh, if you see what I mean....Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Olds

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 10:27:38 PM »

Tried driving it up my drive, only gears I can find are reverse and 3rd I think, its like stirring porridge , need to alter the seat, somehow find an adapter to push the carb forwards as my leg lies straight over the top of it....

And got a quote for s rewire... £1200 minimum... Gag

Looks like the frame was 'designed' to have a low seat behind the backbone. Putting seat back down on the frame and fitting pull back bars might help with the knee to carb problem. Depends on how tall you are. The resulting shorter gearshift might help with shifting, though the selector shafts may already be knackered.
A lot depends on how much you are prepared to modify, to get it to a usable condition.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:31:04 PM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Hillbilly 101

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2016, 11:57:35 PM »

Morrag- I completely get were your coming from, I'm just thinking of money 200-300 against 1200+ is a massive difference (I don't have the space or time or garage to try it myself) Sad

Olds-I see you saw the original listing on eBay!?!
Just noticed myself, that gold box behind the seat wasn't on it when I got it, so the asshole (sorry for language) used old photos on the listing! Grrrrr
I'm thinking that, I'm 6ft 2 so tall enough Smiley, I have a spare gearbox so all is not lost, I'm hoping it's the top plate that's mangled and not the selectors....

Gonna get shot of the forks. Think 33mm is just too small, I have savage 650 forks ( don't really wanna use them, but needs must) just hope my savage stem s long enough and a spoked wheel is strong enough up front, all balls bearings website compares bearing cups sizes etc between bikes , if mine are gt250,gsx, or gn then they will fit.....
fifer

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 12:52:19 AM »

What is in the Gold box ?
Is the distributor fitted with points or an electronic system .

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
Olds

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 08:29:15 AM »

Olds-I see you saw the original listing on eBay!?!
Yep. I was sent the link to it when it was up for sale. Recognised it from your pics, as soon as I saw the Gold tank and graphics.

Hillbilly 101

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 09:52:07 AM »

Fifer- no idea, it wasn't fitted when it arrived to me....., has points in, if I get it sorted, and don't take a grinder to it, and f**k it all up (which I'm really tempted too,) I may convert it

Olds- you should be relieved you never bought it!!!
Olds

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 11:03:15 AM »

Olds- you should be relieved you never bought it!!!
Cheesy  Wasn't for me.  Think most folk know that I would never buy a trike .

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 11:08:03 AM »

I used Suzuki Savage forks on my last trike, (I'd actually put them on the previous one & re-used them). I fitted Harley progressive springs inside them though with a small spacer block to stiffen them up a bit. Front wheel was a Comstar from a Honda Superdream.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: