May 14, 2024, 03:44:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Su carbs for reliant 850  (Read 18638 times)
spanners

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 01:19:56 PM »

i,ll look in the garage laters somewhere thers a baby webber in good nick so i,ll check the model ,, also a zenith, of a 750 suitable for spares, and a 750 manifold
none of em will fit an oldsmobile 260  v8 thats in emily so no good to me now  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

i could be intresed in the webber Smiley
ok i,ll go an av a look now,,, Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
spanners

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »

merv ,its a 34 ICH  any use to ya ?

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
merv

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »

what would you like for it

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
digger06

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »

u want the 750 manifold too i think, if not just drill your manifold 90 deg, and tap the holes (theres blank spaces on the manifold where you can do do this )
it will prob have to be jeeted slightly, but worth it when its sorted...

if merv aint interested, id be for my next one
merv

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 03:14:58 PM »

if merv aint interested, id be for my next 

i am intrested  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:20:25 PM by merv » Logged

digger06

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 05:18:28 PM »

the weber imo is better than the SU cos it can be finer tuned,
it certainly improved mine merv
fifer

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 07:48:37 PM »

I know bug**r all about car carbs as I am more used to working on Amal Monobloc and Concentric bike carbs .
I did find the following info on the net about the Webber 34ICH

http://www.aloharovers.com/tech/ichoverhaul.htm

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
digger06

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »

nice, thatl be handy one day
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 11:30:48 PM »

Just check out all the "bitz" to a fixed jet Webber like this, as compared to the simplicity and effectiveness of a "good 'ole" SU, and then tell me again what an efficient alternative they are! yeah, right. Don't be dazzled by the charisma of the manufacturer peoples, as most SU's require only a new needle and jet to put them back in condition, and setting them up is "easy-peasy", so don't be in too much of a rush to dump what you have, and what obviously works. for a whim, you all be sorry...................Wish I had a £1 for the number of times I have been informed how this or that fueling device is so much better than the original, as fitted by the manufacturer, who, after all, should know a little about their own engines requirements, I feel, but there you go, whatever flies your kite I suppose! Cheesy Cheesy Undecided Undecided Roll Eyes ::)Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
digger06

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 05:13:25 AM »

SU  was fitted for simplicity, but by the very fact it only has one jet, it means its not entirely correct at every rev range,but its near...
its down to a costing issue also, manufacturers dont fit whats best, they fit what will do an adequate job the cheapest..
the su carb is a great carb though,

a webber etc can be finer tuned, and in theory give better performance,over the full range..

mine was fitted cos it fitted better, didnt stick outa the side as much, performance was a by product,asthetics is often a bigger factor on here...
the webbers smaller,
do you really think the cbr carbs fitted to some was fitted for performance, ? ill bet it was looks first....

most people wanna change from standard cos they like different, we are after all on a trike forum, not R3W,

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:22:33 AM by digger06 » Logged
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »

Well, I am afraid that the statement "..only one jet" sums up your knowledge, or rather lack off, regarding this type of carburettor, so there's little point in persuing that point. Changing bits to be "different" well that every ones prerogative I suppose, but I thought the exercises was one of engineering efficiency, not primarily "style", but there you go, each to his own, however study a little further the infinitely variable needle/jet carburettor before you make such sweeping, and incorrect, assumptions,  Angry Angry Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 08:43:14 PM »

Gentlemen!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »

weber boxed awaiting dispatch, Wink

merv

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »

weber boxed awaiting dispatch, Wink

Thanks Mike
you have to tell me how much with the postage and how you would like to be paid

one arm bandit

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »

well i love the look of the su carbs and think they look great stuck out the side in veiw all polished up for all to see. like morag says they have a variable needle /jet set up so why would the needle need changing?? inless a mini 1000 jet is slightly larger then it might add a touch of performance?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: