May 10, 2024, 12:14:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trikefest, this b/hol weekend, Littleport, Cambs.  (Read 4229 times)
ROD

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 07:49:52 PM »

Only took a couple . Will get them up as soon as I can. Rob can probably confirm (cos the judging was on the Saturday),but I think a reliant powered trike won the best trike? The metallic red one Rob?
rob62

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 07:42:20 AM »

I think the little red reliant won (if not it should have) made a refreshing change from the big money booms & rewacos taking the prize on the strength of a flash paint job
kinkytriker

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »

i popped up Sunday, but bike was not running right so did not stay long.

about ten trikes had passed me on the way up there.

only saw 3 reliant s, lots of v8s and rewacos,

phone went dead as well so could not get any pics  Sad
ROD

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »

I was there on the Sunday as well.As we got quite near,we saw a few trikes going in the opposite direction out on the road,and as we left a few hours later,they were going back to the site.Great to see a whole line of them all waving and flashing lights.

I saw a trophy on the seat of the red reliant parked at a tent,so presumed it had won summat. There were some really nice little details on the bracketry etc,and a nice paint job too. At the time I did think it was a shame that the paint would end up with roadrash after a while,but thats the name of the game I s'pose! Having not owned a bike/trike before,Im surprised how mine has deteriorated with chips out of the paint and general deterioration,despite how careful I am.I dont 'do' trophies,so it dont bother me.(I was really embarassed to win a trophy for my Amazon sled at Watford Rods show many years ago!)Perhaps there should be a category ,like thay have 'working trucks' at Truck shows,for used daily type trikes  Grin! I know theres one at the other end of the spectrum for Rat Bikes!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:12:12 AM by ROD » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »

Much as I like show cars & bikes & perfectly restored classics, I'd always rather see them out on the road being used & enjoyed, even if it does mean they're in "used" condition.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »

I agree!

Mate of mine had a special edition Guzzi something or other (it'll come to me later!) and he took it to the Shepton Mallet show and had to borrow a bubket of water to wash most of the mud off before showing it - he got a prize and the judges specifically said they were glad to see a bike that had been ridden in!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: