May 05, 2024, 02:47:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bike show at NEC  (Read 2602 times)
triker-tazet
« on: October 25, 2006, 08:11:29 PM »

Hi just wondering af anyone was thinking of going to the bike show, all being well me and taz are heading up there sunday for a nose round
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:59:37 PM »

Hiya,
Sorry, my limited finances just can't stretch to it this year. I've done it for the last couple though.
Have you got a link, or just the relevant details?
I'll be at the Alexandra Palace show in January/February instead.
Could take a few snapshots for us though if you get the chance.  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 11:53:10 PM »

I've been to the NEC show many times, just not the last few years, cos last time I went I found myself thinking, What am I doing here?  Same old same old........

I spose it's different if you're thinking about choosing a new bike or looking for new gear, but that's never been the case for me.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
yx600

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:48:16 AM »

Me & Ms BFC will be there tomorrow (preview day), but in an official 'bumming about' capacity. Grin More of a social / busman's holiday kind of thing.

We were going to ride, but 50% of this partnership still not keen on riding on Mways Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:57:13 AM by yx600 » Logged

The Artful Bodger
triker-tazet
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 06:40:46 PM »

i've only been once ages ago and as relitivley new to this biking/triking lark thought  it would be fun to see whats out there and get info about doing the bike test (thats all the licenses complete than apart from road roller.
We did also think about triking it but on a hard tail xs750 from guildford to birmingham would be a bit of a killer
the website is

www.motorcycleshow.co.uk

and yes mm i will take some pics while i'm there if i am able to and will send them straight to you.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 07:39:05 PM »

Thank you!  Grin
I've never ridden to the NEC show but like to take a bike to Ally Pally if I can.
Always seems to be raining & freezing cold when I do the NEC -& once you're inside no-one knows how you arrived anyway so may as well go in the car! Besides which, it's no fun trying to ride home with all the stuff you bought that you couldn't afford & didn't really need anyway.

triker-tazet
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:20:18 PM »

you will have to let us know about ally pally whats on there etc and thats prety much what i thought you can get more crap in a car
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 09:37:30 PM »

An interesting variation on the Portaloo concept, but not sure I'd want to buy a second hand car from you!
Alexandra Palace is the London Motorcycle Show, formerly the Road & Race show. Now not so racebike orientated & sort of a mini NEC show. It's good for us cos it's much nearer -only a short blat up the M3 & being "in town" the ride always seems less of an ordeal in Winter. Loads of bikes turn up. If you've never been, Ally Pally's well worth a visit just for the building. A great view out over North London from the top of the hill too. As much to see & buy as the NEC but only one or two stalls selling each item instead of dozens all stocking the same stuff like the NEC has, so a more compact version of it. Cheaper entry too.
Look for the London Motorcycle show pics in the Rally/Show Photos bit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: