May 03, 2024, 06:14:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Pig Too race report -part 3  (Read 2396 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:38 PM »

Emailed to me by Steve, (Brock).

just a quick update on the trials and tribulations of a dry weather sport in England. Loaded the car in a light drizzle Friday morning, drove to the track in light rain, arrived and set up in heavy rain, adjourned to the bar in torrential rain. We were the fourth team to arrive at the facility, the previous three were also Wild Bunch members, as were the next three, looked like we were going to have it all to ourselves at one point, hardy or stupid? Woke up Saturday morning to an odd sound  ...silence. No rain on the roof! The track crews beavering away like mad things, car scrutineered and ready to start, crew doing the final prep and spraying the track and .......yep, more rain. More of the same for a while until the director took the only decision he could with the information at hand and called the entire meet just after lunch. We, along with some others decided to stay on, the bar was open, and there was fancy dress fun and frolics to come. There was some more heavy rain in the afternoon but the evening was quite pleasant -or at least it seemed to be when viewed down the length of another one of Mr Carling's finest, (?), tins. Sunday morning was, of course, bloody mindedly fine and stayed that way until after we left late lunch time, bugger.

Still, the car has a new front end, I have taken the opportunity to tidy up a few details I didn't particularly like in the first incarnation, a slightly cleaner line to it now.

If you haven't been keeping up, Lesley, (Mrs Brock), was being towed back down the return road from the track at the Nostalgia Nationals a few weeks ago, when she missed the brake & ploughed into the back of Scottie's Chevy tow car, twisting the front axle. Don't tell her I told you though.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »

and the sympathy elicited from our fellow club members for our little misfortune was evident.  Grin

Dragstalgia next weekend at Santa Pod, we'll try again, come and see us if you come up.

-Steve

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »

Love it!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: