May 18, 2024, 09:23:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of Transport. Sunday 11th May 08  (Read 27180 times)
tazet
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2008, 09:56:54 PM »

Grin Grin No problem  Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2008, 10:03:22 PM »

Hi all.
Still utterly pooped. I'm getting too old for all this! Taz & I were busy again till gone 6 this evening, returning the hire van to one depot & the trailer to another, then putting everything back in the shed & the cottage. We really did have a fantastic day -thanks to you lot. Did you all go & claim your show plaques? One for each vehicle on the pitch. If not, we've got a couple spare, just PM us & we'll send 'em out.
Pleasure to see you & the trike Jacko. When are we gonna get a write-up on it for the site?!
Talking of which, anyone fancy penning something on the Basingstoke show to accompany the photo gallery? How about you all scribbling a couple of sentences on what you enjoyed about it & we can stitch them together.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2008, 10:56:03 PM »

just emailed some stuff over mate.
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2008, 10:58:47 PM »

Hi All

Was great to meet all those we had not met before and to see again those we had. Had a really great day out with great company and look forward to seeing you all agin at forthcoming events.

Well done to Manky and Taz as I know how much effort it takes to organise something like this and was truly amazed at the turnout. Will send in my pics and some words to accompany it later in the week.

Iain & Caroline

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2008, 11:16:34 PM »

Thanks Byz -& Mrs Byz  Smiley
I heard you couldn't bring the trike along cos a car was parked in front of the garage door. That's the sort of luck we normally have! It takes a lot of work to make it look as disorganised as that you know  Smiley
Yup, piccies & words would be great, thanks. Bung 'em on a disc & PM me for the postal address in Guildford if you haven't already got it. Thank you.
Got your words Dave, thanks. Anyone else? Several of you told me you were new to the show & had never heard of it before. It's a completely free event, run by Basingstoke Council & the Thornycroft preservation society -Thornycrofts were a big local employer years ago & were still in the town when I first moved there. They built heavy lorries & transporters.
Obviously we were the bestest, most professional crew there  Tongue but did you enjoy the show? Did you actually get a chance to escape our little corner of it & take a walk around the rest? Did you have any trouble finding the show site? Or Basingstoke?! Would you go again, even if we hadn't turned up en masse & taken over? -Taz & I were one of the first onsite so took the opportunity to move the marker pegs & pinch a couple of feet of our neighbours' pitches  Grin We were the very last to leave the club display field too. By the time we drove out the gate the litter pickers had been & gone, the marshals had all gone home & you'd never know we'd been there.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2008, 11:28:57 PM »

Just checked the show report in the Basingstoke Gazette -no photos of the Manky crew of course. I'm sure our shirts have some sort of cloaking capability cos we seem to be invisible when we wear them. Taz & I spend all day wandering around at shows & never appear in a single photo.
Anyway, the paper says it took a 10 man team 8 or 9 months to organise the show & there were around 18,000 visitors & exhibitors there. That's pretty impressive when you think it was only on for 6 hours. 3000 people an hour passing through the gates -that's more than a lot of rock festivals.
We'll upload the photo gallery this evening. If you've any more pics you'd like to see online, just post them to us on a disc & we'll add them in.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:30:33 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2008, 09:17:01 PM »

Last chance guys -anyone else want to jot down their thoughts on the show?
We've got photos from Taz, Chev Rick, 65 Nova, Alan & myself & will get them all online as soon as possible, promise.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:06:24 PM by tazet » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: