May 07, 2024, 12:00:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Valueable lesson learnt  (Read 1993 times)
gsxbobber

« on: March 05, 2013, 07:16:32 PM »

I must remember not to take to much notice of one make motorcycle forums when it comes to setting engines up all the clap trap about jetting carbs  when running with mods i started with there so called ideal settings .It was way out more soot than a coal man 4 different sets later and now waiting for yet more ,and the moral i will be still only up one size Huh Huh Huh Huh.
Olds

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »

I've found it's best to start with standard jets (you already have them anyway) and work up from there.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »

In very general terms 'Olds's' about on the money, as the usual reason for modifying jetting these days is due to fitting a less restrictive, aftermarket, silencer, and this rarely requires a main jet increase of more than 'one size' up for most four-strokes, 2 strokes are another matter, so set up what you have CORRECTLY first,to ensure clean running over the complete range of opening, then do a plug "chop" or two to assess where you are top end wise......................Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: