May 21, 2024, 10:21:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More photo galleries added  (Read 1724 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 22, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »

Still got a bit of a backlog of material here to add to the site. Today's new stuff includes no less than 5 photo galleries from Mr Chevy Rick.

Beaulieu autojumble
Dorset steam fair
Southampton MAG bike show
Brighton Burn Up bike run
Netley Marsh autojumble
 -all of which took place in the last couple of weeks.
I often wonder whether people actually go through these galleries or just check the first half dozen photos & move on, but I had a very nice email just last night from someone complimenting us on our event coverage & saying they enjoy browsing the pics.
So, many thanks again Rick for your photografficking -keep clicking that shutter.  Wink

Photo galleries online here:

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/photos.htm
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 07:51:06 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
renegade53

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 06:03:41 PM »

i usually have a butchers each day to see if there's anything new added. then scroll through to see what there is

JayJay

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:55:02 AM »

I enjoy looking through the galleries and though I don't always have time to sit through the whole lot in one go, I always come back to them.  It is also nice that contributions vary so much as each contributor has their own interest and viewpoint.  Not everyone can get to events for various reasons plus you get clashing events, so it is good that we can get a taste of what is going on elsewhere.

For people new to the site it is also a good way for them to be introduced to what is going on around the country and identify events that they would really like to get to.

I know it is hard work to get all the photos posted on the site but it definitely is worth it.

JJ  Grin

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »

It's one of the things we've become known for now -after any big bike or car event we get a surge in "hits" as people come to look at the photos. We also regularly get told that they had no idea there were so many events going on each weekend, even in their own area. We do try & show a bit of everything, whether it's to our own personal taste or not, cos there'll always be someone who really likes it. At last year's Wheels Day show at Rushmoor Arena in Hampshire, we had 5 different Monkeys taking photos & they all came back with completely different shots, reflecting their different interests.
We're not really on a mission to photograph every event in the country, but I reckon our coverage must be some of the most comprehensive on the web now. So don't forget, if you're going to a show that we haven't mentioned, take your camera!

renegade53

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »

are you not working today mr monkey

getting a new clutch slave tonight so i hope everything is ok for sunday

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »

On holiday all week mate. Heading off to Basingstoke to work on the Pop soon. Was hoping to get loads done on it this week, but as usual, seem to spend most of my time just running about from one place to another, not actually achieving a lot.
I'll PM you before Sunday & arrange a meet-up time & place for the run. Will ride shotgun with you if the offer still stands.  Wink

renegade53

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:33:03 AM »

the offer is still there hopefully i'll have a car. gonna ccheck on the duo-tone mk1 just in case.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: