May 16, 2024, 04:10:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vhra pendine sands 2014  (Read 3293 times)
poprodder

« on: November 22, 2013, 08:37:42 PM »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:47:54 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

panthershaun

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »

woop woop.. here's hoping I can get the T entered  Undecided

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:21:52 PM »

Added to the events calendar at the top of this page.
It clashes with the Chimay hotrod show in Belgium, which is probably nearer!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
panthershaun

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:07 AM »

Dale and Russ have both mentioned that and neither are going to Chimay next year by the looks of it... for me it's a no contest.. I can go to Bottrop and the Autorama next year to get my foreign fix... Pendine is so unique I can't miss it, racing or not...

Tony oily bike

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 10:53:40 AM »

Isn't it just brilliant to have Pendine Sands coming alive again!!
Hope their June weather is better than it was for the bikes in 2013................

Anyone aware of any dates that the PLRC (Pendine Landspeed Racing Club) are talking about for the two wheelers?

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »

I was told it was the local council who approached the VHRA about holding an event, rather than the other way round, which must mean it's future's relatively assured.
Christa & Henry Van Uden, the organisers of the Dutch hotrod show Shaun & I were at last week, are coming over for Pendine with the "Ford Brothers" car club. So it looks like I'll be Pendining too.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:49:50 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Tony oily bike

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 06:27:09 PM »

I was told it was the local council who approached the VHRA about holding an event, rather than the other way round, which must mean it's future's relatively assured.
Christa & Henry Van Uden, the organisers of the Dutch hotrod show Shaun & I were at last week, are coming over for Pendine with the "Ford Brothers" car club. So it looks like Ill be Pendining too.

"Parry's Cafe" breakfast was brilliant (chatted to the Hot Rod organisers who there to watch the bikes), though the staff were rushed off their feet (don't think they realised how many folk would be there), so service could have been better.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g672146-d3324593-r175158712-Parry_Pentywyn-Pendine_Carmarthenshire_Wales.html

Evening meal, really good quality, would recommend The Springwell Inn.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g672146-d1549357-Reviews-Springwell_Inn-Pendine_Carmarthenshire_Wales.html

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 08:56:05 PM »

I really hope to get to Pendine next year, even though my travelling now is done in the Nissan daily driver...

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
panthershaun

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 10:29:10 AM »

doesn't matter how you get there Bobbi, I go most places in a Renault Clio  Embarrassed but rather that than miss the fun...
PJ opened the door for all this fun on the sand when he approached the council about running the bike event, up until then the council hadn't given it a thought... so I think we owe the biggest thanks to him .. Cheesy

Tony oily bike

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »

doesn't matter how you get there Bobbi, I go most places in a Renault Clio  Embarrassed but rather that than miss the fun...
PJ opened the door for all this fun on the sand when he approached the council about running the bike event, up until then the council hadn't given it a thought... so I think we owe the biggest thanks to him .. Cheesy

Wot he said  Grin

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 11:43:08 AM »

I know it doesn't matter to anyone except me!

Oh yes, big up to PJ - a man with vision! 

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 11:54:31 AM »

"PJ" -pyjamas?
Pen dining -If I were the beach cafĂ© owner I'd be looking to capitalise on all that extra trade by bringing in a big gazebo or temporary building & theming it around the 1920s/30s. I know it's not meant as a commercial venture, but it could be a huge money spinner for the local economy. 

panthershaun

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 05:10:02 PM »

Perry's cafe had an outside BBQ/hog roast at the Hotord event... I'm all for making it a money making exercise for the locals, they have been hit hard by foreign travel and s**t british weather so every penny helps.. of and if you are going better book up accommodation now as it is going QUICK!!!

kapri

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »

Keep them sweet so they don't listen to anyone who moans about the event ( and there will be ,always is someone who can't see the benefits to the local community and care only about their afternoon nap being disturbed.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: