May 11, 2024, 08:37:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Avebury  (Read 22589 times)
InsolentMinx

A blur of chrome...

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 11:36:19 AM »

i've just booked a hotel for the v-day weekend near stonehenge. we're gonna go up to avebury and look at the rocks Smiley

i've not been since i was a kid... i assume they're still there? Wink

although i heard that you can't go up and touch the stonehenge ones anymore??

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 08:53:51 PM »

Check our visitors guide to Avebury on the main site

Favourite places to visit

I've never actually been to Stonehenge but been past it hundreds of times. Personally I think Avebury has much more atmosphere &, yes, you can climb all over the stones there, whereas Henge is fenced off these days.
If anyone has a favourite place they'd like to recommend, write us a review & we'll add it to the site.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:12:56 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
SUMO

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 03:07:09 PM »

we go to avebury every year when we are at a rally that way - makes for a nice ride out before the drinking ensues, and there is a nice greasy spoon near by, with a lovely girl thats worked there for that last few years who has a huge pair of personalities  Grin

Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »

Were's the greasey spoon Sumo as I'm planning a small ride out at work to have lunch at 'The Red Lion' but it has been given some really bad reviews of late, so I may need an allternative. I will be doing a dummy run soon to find out if things have improved or we may use your info. Many thanks m8 Wink

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
SUMO

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »

can remember without being there but general direction is turn right out of avebury down the hill and where it picks up the main road there are a few roundabouts. on one of them is a pretty big cafe on the left - not a great deal of help i know but i tried.... its easy when riding, i may well have missed out a few turns haha. ill ask if any of my mates actually know the name of the place

Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 01:29:11 PM »

Many thanks for that Sumo.

I'll take a look and follow your directions to the letter Wink. Might be nice to get very lost in that part of the world. Cheesy

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
SUMO

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »

i seem to remember quite a long gently curving road that goes up and down quite a bit also... but then again that might be in an entirely different part of the country haha

have sent out messages to friends saying "anyone remember that cafe with the lass with the big tits"  they will all know the one i mean  Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »

The Red Lion was always a great place to eat. Huge portions, (like the lass in the cafe), & good quality too. It does get very busy at weekends though. Very popular with the biking fraternity, (like the lass in the cafe).

SUMO

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »

Many thanks for that Sumo.

I'll take a look and follow your directions to the letter Wink. Might be nice to get very lost in that part of the world. Cheesy

oh and by the way - i organise a bike run each year - i promise better directions for that one though haha

toad

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 02:48:32 PM »

i seem to remember quite a long gently curving road that goes up and down quite a bit also... but then again that might be in an entirely different part of the country haha

have sent out messages to friends saying "anyone remember that cafe with the lass with the big tits"  they will all know the one i mean  Grin

the cafes easy to find just follow the signs to devizes from avebury about five miles up the road does a good allday brekkie aswell as stunning views of OUTSTANDING natural beauty! Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
SUMO

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »

just so you know - ignore the long curving rode bit - been looking at a map to try remember and that is up at the rollright stones miles away...  [ http://www.rollrightstones.co.uk/ ] and none of my friends remember the name of the cafe

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 08:58:26 PM »

Never been to the cafe but I've been to the Rollright Stones!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
toad

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:28 AM »

this is the one i thought you meant Wink
http://maps.yell.com/client/yell/?&nat_id=5565169&businessType=CAFES+%26+COFFEE+SHOPS&qs=SN11+

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
voodoo

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 09:36:20 AM »

Me and the missus have a ride up there once a month...so I might bump into some of you at sometime...cant miss me I am the miserable looking Bald git with a walking stick and a wife nearly half my age woohoo lol....Dave...
Oh and just incase you are not sure if its me or not (as 90% of bikers are bald, & possibly miserable after a 40 mile ride on a hardtail) I got my name on my cut off lol....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »

Grin Taz & I were in the Red Lion only last week.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: