May 11, 2024, 01:13:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Avebury  (Read 22590 times)
panthershaun

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:16:53 AM »

Nice area that.

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »

About an hour's run from us here in downtown Basingstoke. A nice spot on a sunny Sunday lunchtime.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 05:23:54 PM »

I'm off down to avebury and uffington again on Saturday, I'll take some pics Wink Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 08:35:01 PM »

Uffington -windiest hilltop in the World. Yup, piccies please mate.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:43:49 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 06:57:50 PM »

The stone circle doesn't do a lot for me but the Avenue certainly had an odd effect when I went there - I felt a very strong urge to lie down in the avenue - I resisted cos it was rather damp at the time!  This pic was from another visit when I didn't actually walk among the stones so didn't feel anything, must try it again someday!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Hayley

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 07:46:08 AM »

Yes we remember that programme, always watched it. It was really good. I met Nick Knowles once in Tunbridge Wells shopping centre as his Mum lives in our Town. He's very tall, but really nice, mmmmmmmmmmm Tongue Tongue and gave me his autograph Grin Grin
The Avebury circle is a  very  powerful place, when we visited although it was very quiet and no-one else about you had the feeling you weren't alone.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 07:48:42 AM by Hayley » Logged
The pointy helmet

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 06:57:25 PM »

Hi folks,
Used to work at Marlborough as a postman (High Street delivery)

On midsummer morning (night, we used to Start at 4am) one of the lads nearly put his car up the bank.
There were dozens of naked girls dancing round the stones.
We had to sit him down. He was all " Afroth !"
tazet
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 01:10:24 AM »

Hi there Gary and welcome.
Glad to see you have found the forum. Would you like me to change your forum name. If so then PM me what name you require and I will do it for you. Looking forward to reading about your trike on here when you get going.
The pointy helmet

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 08:17:54 AM »

Hiya Tazet (and the rest of the faithful...!)
Many thanks for the welcome.
Yup, I'm raring to lob the phoenix egg into the fire.
I've designed my own house, in Thailand.
The trike is just as exciting (and alot effing cheaper)
The trike is the melting pot of many different motoring traits, all fused together.
It will be with you in a couple of months.
tony b

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »

when i was on holiday last summer i went for a day out with the family to durdle dor,on the way back we saw one of them white horses,bloody amazing .we also saw an old steam train going along the coast beutifull,we also went to monkey world,great there int it.

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 11:18:43 PM »

Coo! Durdle Dor.  Grin
Fond memories of riding there with a bunch of mates from Basingstoke back in the late 70s, early 80s. One of those weekends when we didn't have a care in the World, the sun was blazing, the jokey banter flowed as much as the beer & even the inevitable breakdowns couldn't dampen our spirits.
Aah, the impetuousness of youth.  Grin

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 01:56:45 AM »

Funny but in 34 years of living in Dorset I don't think I've been ther more than once, and that was when I first came here!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
tony b

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »

i wish i could live in dorset,beutifull place .we stayed on a campsite called freshwater beach just near west bay

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 07:54:21 PM »

It takes some beating Tony!

Moved to Dorset 40 years ago and have no intention of ever living anywhere else!

Dicky

No refund's

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 10:30:11 PM »

I hope to get down to the Great Dorset Steam Rally again this year.  3rd year running.  First time came down on my Virago 535 and we had a 'run out' with some of Sid's sons army buddies.  Just passed through Avebury and never got a chance to stop, but it looks awesome.  Unfourtunatly we were in a camper unit last year and it was too much bother takin it back of the site once we had settled in.

Hope to go down in cars this year and camp, if we do I fully intend to back to Avebury to have a walk around.  Supposed to be a great biker friendly pub there.  We passed it and it was full of bikes.

Went to Stone Hendge and was'nt reallt that impressed. Tongue

There was a hill fort that I fancy going back to see as well, think it was on the A30.  That was when we were heading towards the M5 to get to Barnstable.  Some awesome views from the A30 down towards the South coast, but did'ny stop Roll Eyes Cry Cry Cry

So I said to God, "If this is it (life), you can keep it."
And God said, "Just be glad you got the heart by-passes in time.
I don,t normally give refunds".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: