May 14, 2024, 07:59:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neil Innes has Died  (Read 1511 times)
JayJay

« on: December 31, 2019, 12:47:11 AM »

I have always loved him. Really shocked to see it in b/w. I bet a few on here were fans too.

A link came up to other recent 'celeb' deaths including Clive James who was brilliant but I had read that he had died at the time but I didn't realise Jonathan Miller had too, who sadly, considering his intelligence, had Alzheimer's disease. He died late November. Not a great fan of his but still surprised that I hadn't seen anything earlier. I suppose a lot of us are at the age when contemporaries or older people we've admired are dropping like flies.  Undecided

Neil Innes link:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-50948921

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 07:46:04 PM »

There seem to have been a lot recently. Several younger celebs have died at young ages over the Christmas break too, (no-one I've ever heard of).
I loved the Rutles music & Rutland Weekend Songbook. Apparently he did the whistling at the end of Always look on the bright side of life, but I don't know whether he wrote it or not -brilliantly uplifting song. My Dad had it played at his funeral, (the rude version -Life's a bowl of sh*t, rather than Spit as they play on the radio).

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Baychimp

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:44:39 PM »

Derek Fowlds has just died as well. He appeared in Heartbeat,Yes Minister and of coarse was the sidekick of the world famous Basil Brush  Boom! Boom!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 01:14:04 PM »

One of those chaps you associate with different shows, depending on your age.
I'm one of the Basil Brush generation.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 02:01:35 PM »

Yes Minister was great - the writers definitely had inside knowledge, sometimes it was so spot on with what was happening!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 07:39:52 PM »

And now Nicholas Parsons at 96 years old! Okay, who thought he was already dead? I know many of us can picture him in the Sale of the Century  Undecided but he was a lot more than that show. Stand up comedian, radio star and of course actor, appearing in many films and theatre productions. He definitely lived a full life.  Cool

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: