May 06, 2024, 01:38:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkies at the Movies.  (Read 2482 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: February 23, 2006, 05:08:21 PM »

Been meaning to start a new section of the site for ages now. I thought we could have a movie review thingy. Must be dozens & dozens of good motor movies out there. Got a favourite? Easy Rider? Quadrophenia? American Graffiti? Mad Max? ...Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
Yodie & I attended an advance screening of Anthony Hopkins' new film, The World's Fastest Indian a few months ago, (the perks of being media luvvies), & I confidently predict it'll become THE definitive bike film. Disagree? Get scribbling then. Is there a film forever etched on your memory that sparked your interest in motors? A flick that shaped & influenced your automotive tastes? Anything from Hells Angels '69 to Stone to Bullet to Herbie Rides Again to The Fast & The Furious.
Write us a few paragraphs or a full synopsis & plot evaluation. Or just tell us what made the machinery so cool. Send it in to Yodie at the address on the Contacts page & with luck he'll be able to pull a few film stills out of the ether or maybe a cinema ad poster or fan website & make up a page to showcase your favourite.
Wizz has written a definitive review of Fastest Indian in the current BSH -don't suppose we can reproduce it here Hon? And of course, Yodie's covered it too on his own site, (www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk). Flap, I haven't forgotten you owe me a review of the Dukes of Hazzard remake -& just writing YEEHARR!! in big letters ain't enough! Starsky & Hutch? The Italian Job, (the original of course, not the crummy remake -or is that your fave?). What about I Bought A Vampire Motorcycle?
Personally I'm looking for a copy of The California Kid if anyone has one. 
Bring your own popcorn. Sssh, the lights are going down.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
wizzkitt

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »

Wizz has written a definitive review of Fastest Indian in the current BSH -don't suppose we can reproduce it here Hon?

Dunno about definitive, but yes, you're welcome to use it.

I'll get round to knocking out a few words about one of my all-time favourite films: Duel.

flap

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 07:59:31 PM »

Is that the Spielberg Duel, with the Truck trying to run Dennis thingy of the road?

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 08:10:18 PM »

Thanks Wizzy-Poos!
Not knocking Yoda, the Bard of Birmingham's masterwork in any way, (I daren't or this site might suddenly grind to a halt!), but you picked up on just about everything I wanted to say in the review I never got around to writing. As a humble ammateur I couldn't hope to improve on your essay so won't try. Enough creeping? Can you strap it to one of your winged carrier monkies & despatch it to Dr Yodles' Gothic mansion please. So tell me, just between ourselves, seeing as you were supposed to attend the Soho screening with us, have you seen it yet or did you weave your review from the press releases? If so, I'm even more impressed. Wink
Duel. Now there was a classic. Dennis Weaver? A Steven King novel wasn't it? My ex wife did a media studies thesis on that film. Sad I know, but I really liked the boxy orange saloon he drove. No idea what it was but I bet someone will know.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 10:38:24 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »

Dennis Thingy. Yeah, that was his name. Was that pre or post Sherrif McCloud?

flap

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 08:37:17 PM »

No, oh Manky one. Duel was Spielburg. The Steven King novel was Trucks, twas made into the film Maximum overdrive.

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
wizzkitt

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 10:08:56 PM »

It was during Dennis Weaver's McCloud period.

The car was a red Plymouth Valiant.

And don't ever call me Wizzypoos again.

wizzkitt

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 10:10:56 PM »

Oh, and the film came not from a Stephen King novel (as Flap pointed out) but from a short story by Richard Matheson who also wrote the vampire classic 'I Am Legend' that's just been serialised on BBC Radio 7, and very good it was too.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 10:41:33 PM »

See, told you some smart Alec would know. Thanks WizzyP...person.  Wink

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 06:09:30 PM »

Right then, bumping up the thread Grin

Soon to follow, U.T's reviews of:

Satan's Sadist's
The Iron Horsemen
Stone
Wild Zero: Guitar Wolf

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »

Go for it!  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: