May 17, 2024, 12:10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
  Print  
Author Topic: speed is of the essence  (Read 51365 times)
WAYNE999

« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »

No drama today other than a noisy gearbox cured with the addition of some gear oil and also a slightly slipping clutch when riding 2 up but I'm 20 stone and my mate is coming up for 16 stone

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
WAYNE999

« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »

Clutch adjusted had her dump a couple of pints of petrol on the road fault traced back to a push fitting on the petrol tap
Rerouted the fuel pipe so problem solved
Put around 60 miles on her today riding around the Norfolk/Suffolk countryside
All quite enjoyable until the afore mentioned fluttery front wheel took the steering out of my hands after hitting a bump in the road
Luckily we were the only people on the road but I bashed my hands up trying to grab the bars while they were fluttering
A bit shaken and with sore hands we still managed an hour and half or so riding figured I should have held on better so its not the trikes fault
Off to the East Coast Pirates do in Hemsby tomorrow so a chance to put a few more miles on her

andyrennison

« Reply #272 on: June 30, 2013, 09:43:03 PM »

That sounds a bit scary!

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
WAYNE999

« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2013, 05:27:45 PM »

That sounds a bit scary!
More than a little scary,but it can only be put down my own inexperience
I was changing down gear with the suicide shift(almost very aptly named) so my left hand was off the bars then letting the throttle spring back to closed rather than hanging on to it and positively closing it totally my fault,but if these things didn't happen we would never learn better.
I've put another 20 or so miles on her since and I've not tried the same stunt again.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
  Print  

Jump to: