May 04, 2024, 11:54:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Trike dolly arrived - and the Simmer Dim!  (Read 27906 times)
terry t

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 09:51:17 PM »

Well I'm reasonably mechanically minded (I've rebuilt a bike and worked on cars) but deciding which way round the rocker section should go - and the indespension units - good job I had my other trailer to look at.

I've got 4 bolts and nuts left over but no empty holes so I guess they were extra! 

Trouble is I realise I forgot to order a trailer board so if I get the glad word from the bikeshop tomorrowe I spose I'll have to bite the bullet and pay Halfords price!  And I need a ramp which I thought I could do without - might have to construct a wooden one from a bit of builder's board that's currently masquerading as a shelf in the garage.
Don't forget to get some bungee straps to hold the trailer board onto the trike. and some heavy duty ratchet straps as well
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »

Surely the "rocker" is designed for easy loading? Tuck it under the front wheel & push/pull/ride the trike onto it. I guess that requires the trailer to be wedged in position somehow though -no instructions on loading?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:32:11 AM »

No instructions but they sell a ramp which I didn't order as I thought I couild get away without it.  If you look at the pics there's one with the loading end on the floor - the angle is much too steep!

Update about the breakdown - phoned the bike shop today, they have parts on order and if they come tomorrow and it goes together without any problems, it may be done tomorrow evening as they've made it a priority.  I'm going to phone about lunchtime to see if the parts arrived cos if they didn't I'm going to start cancelling things while I can still get some money back.  This one's going right down to the wire!

Still not sure what the problem is cos the office lady didn't know and I wasn't going to make a nuisance of myself with the very busy mechanic, but she looked at the parts list and amongst various gaskets etc there was a 'sleeve' which she said was apparently the important bit - sounds to me like something to do with the driveshaft, which is what I thought in the first place.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Hagar

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »

there was a 'sleeve' which she said was apparently the important bit -

Very important part 'sleeves'  ..........  they stop your shirt being a vest  ..........   Grin

..  Hagar  ..   Grin

" When you have to kill a man , it costs nothing to be polite. "  .. Winston Churchill
merv

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 07:51:22 PM »

Grin Grin Grin
made me laugh

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »

This sleeve is even more important cos it arrived and been fitted and tht means I'M GOING TO SHETLAND !!!!!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
merv

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »

Good for you ,glad it's all starting to work out

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »

Some bits are and some bits aren't - but it will be ok in the end!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »

That's great Bobbi -so what was the sleeve for?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 07:53:42 PM »

It was part of the shaft drive, which was what I originally suspected.  That;'s rather pleasing from more than one aspect - firstly that I was right although several others thought it was a gearchange problem, and secondly that while it wasn't cheap, it didn't cost as much as an engine-out job!

hunter

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »

Well I'm reasonably mechanically minded (I've rebuilt a bike and worked on cars) but deciding which way round the rocker section should go - and the indespension units - good job I had my other trailer to look at.

I've got 4 bolts and nuts left over but no empty holes so I guess they were extra! 

Trouble is I realise I forgot to order a trailer board so if I get the glad word from the bikeshop tomorrowe I spose I'll have to bite the bullet and pay Halfords price!  And I need a ramp which I thought I could do without - might have to construct a wooden one from a bit of builder's board that's currently masquerading as a shelf in the garage.

Bobbie what dimentions does this ramp need to be,I have a piece of aly checker plate.
It's not very big but it may do the job.

I
spanners

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »

bobbi,,, you have alll,, of us lot spread  from the top to the bottom of the ,,UK,,, for back up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so pm a few off us before setting off ,, for phone numbers and the like ,,, i shouldnt have to tell you that were here when ,,needed , Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 11:46:57 PM »

Spanners - that's lovely and I know that what you say is true, but I'm going up the left side of the country and I think most are on the right - ish!

And Hunter, many thanks but I'm leaving THIS Thursday!  Might talk to you when I come back though.

Will be seeing Fifer next week!

My stops are near Kidderminster, Southport, Edinburgh, at Fifer's, then Aberdeen.  Using motorways for once as I hope it will be easier!

spanners

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 11:52:20 PM »

Spanners - that's lovely and I know that what you say is true, but I'm going up the left side of the country and I think most are on the right - ish!

And Hunter, many thanks but I'm leaving THIS Thursday!  Might talk to you when I come back though.

Will be seeing Fifer next week!

My stops are near Kidderminster, Southport, Edinburgh, at Fifer's, then Aberdeen.  Using motorways for once as I hope it will be easier!
i,m still both side,s of the country   Roll Eyes and theres  them new ere fangled motorways inbe-tween ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any how i,m available within 150,ish mile,s
DONT FORGET IT,,,,,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 11:43:34 AM »

Love you Spanners!

I have Manky's mobile so if I need help anytime will get him to see who's closest! - I'm sure he won't mind!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: