May 15, 2024, 09:59:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Won't start! -again.  (Read 3901 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: December 18, 2005, 11:22:17 AM »

Bloody, useless, poxy Honda!
Left it outside Rainbow's flat in the frost last night & now it won't start. Trapped here, (she's at work), with the battery on charge for a couple of hours.
That's it, it's gotta go! A lovely bike when it's going but that's the third time it's let me down. Saw Kermit, my old Speed Triple yesterday, languishing in a shed, covered in dust. Should've kept him. Anyone wanna buy a Honda?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 07:18:52 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 03:23:31 PM »

No!

Cos I'm totally pissed off with bikes and trikes and.......just about everything!

I'm p*ssed off with the lot of them.

My trike was fine when I rode it a couple of days ago after fitting the new cluch cable - today it went into first gear ok and rode round from the garage to the front of the house - then the bloody thing was stuck in gear, can't get it into neutral, can't pull away, can't do any dam thing!

So there I was, all ready to go on the Mistletoe run, with all my winter gear on, and a teddy bear outfit on top, pushing a bloody trike that won't go into neutral and even with the clucth pulled right in, is still partly in gear.  I know, I know, adjusted the dam thing back and forth till I was red in the face but I can't do anything with it, I'm totally pissed off with the whole thing and I reckon I';m gonna give up, sell the trike and bikes and get me a decent car.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 07:28:35 PM »

Oh Bobbi. Really feel for you Hon. At least I didn't have anywhere in particular to go on mine. Was just going home. Put the battery on charge, walked into Eastleigh & met Rainbow for lunch & by the time I got back it was charged. Fired up first time. It's a brand new battery but minus temperatures just seem to kill it stone dead. Bike's too heavy & ungainly to push & they don't fit bloody kickstarts anymore! Stupid idea not to have a back-up system. I'm gonna invest in one of those jump-start thingies at the Ally Pally show. Bet it'll never be in the same place as the bike though!
Don't give up Bobbi. Your trike was the one that's inspired Rainbow to try 3 wheels. You know you'll miss it if you let it go. I keep moaning about the Honda but I'll probably end up keeping it. It's only to see me through till the trike's back on the road anyway. Mind you, there IS an ad in the new 100% Biker for someone wanting to swap their car for a big bike. They've got a 1460cc supercharged 5 speed Moggy Minor! Hmm, now THAT'S tempting!  Grin 

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 07:32:34 PM »

My bike played up today, had to bump it twice. Covered it up to night( Shocked), should be alright in the morning.

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 07:53:27 PM »

Glad it's not just mine! I'm lucky that I walk to work so I don't have to rely on the bike. Roll on the Spring!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 08:02:28 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 07:55:07 PM »

yeah, it acted like the battery was drained, it wouldn't turn over. Surely the oil can't thicken that much can it? It's the only reason i can think of.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 08:05:17 PM »

Sounds just like mine. Very sluggish, turned over but not fast enough to actually fire up. Without a kickstart all you can do is forlornly press the button & fiddle with the choke. Pain in the bum. Mind you I don't like starting on cold mornings either!

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 08:06:40 PM »

Yep, sounds just like mine!! bleeding hondas!!!

I had to leave the house at 5:30 Shocked

And the same for the rest of this week Cry

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 08:33:21 PM »

5.30? Pah! You lightweight! My alarm goes off at 3.30 every morning.
What you need to do is uncover the bike, fire it up then go back indoors & have a cuppa while it warms up. In a MMM mug.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 08:35:25 PM »

In a choice of designs.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 07:10:29 PM »

Just to improve the siruation a little further, Mike's new car went back to the garage today with a cutting-out problem.  He went to Sailsbury yesterday, it took him 2 hours!  It went ok for the first 15 miles or so, then cut out about every 3 miles after that!

And my Maestro which is my only way of getting to work is running as rough as anything and only doing about 25 to the gallon!

I hate bloody motors!  of all sorts!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 07:39:37 PM »

What a happy little crew we are!
My old Bonny started cutting out like that once. Bloody annoying cos I'd just spent hours cleaning it. Would go about 5 miles then just die. I'd fiddle with everything I could think of, fire it up again & it'd go another 5 miles. Turned out to be Solvol Autosol chrome cleaner clogging the breather hole in the filler cap. Caused a vacuum inside the tank as the fuel was sucked out which stopped it flowing. Pull over, check everything, peer in the tank. It'd magically start again then do the same all over again. Took several days to suss. Moral: NEVER clean your bike.

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 09:42:34 PM »

it'll be a cold one tonite, just covered the old beast up.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 10:21:21 PM »

What about the bike? Quite mild down this way at the moment, ('Ampshire). I've really got to invest in a bike cover. Normally keep the bike in my rented garage but that's full of Sherpa van at the moment -I'm stripping it for the suspension & steering & stuff for my hotrod so the bike's got to live outside for the time being, & it doesn't like it!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 11:42:05 PM »

Well it's freezing in Dorset! - further south than you, too!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: