May 15, 2024, 07:21:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: woooo im so happy im gonna be training to be a proffessional welder/fabricator  (Read 2185 times)
Bikerpsyco

« on: October 26, 2007, 02:57:46 PM »

Hey guys im well happy ive just managed to get myself in to a welding and  fabricating day release apprenticeship ive just got to wait and see where im gonna get my placement now, found one place who is interested and i will be doing site welding if they want me, im soo excited and learning to weld etc i might be able to make my first trike frame when im good enough ooohhhhhh  Grin Grin Grin

Im not violent just crazy.
hornet6

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »

Grin ;Dgood for you bikerpsyco. hope everything goes well for ya,not to many places doing apprentiships nowdays so you must be going to a decent place. dont forget if you go to the stores ask for a box of sparks,some glass welding rods and a long weight. oh and some sky hooks.lol. good luck 2 ya  Grin Grin

no projects ever finished
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 04:26:52 PM »

That's really Kool! welding is one of the areas I'm not trained in, lucky you.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 05:58:49 PM »

nice one Smiley

More metal than skin
Firery Fred

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 07:16:57 PM »

Good luck

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:06:57 PM »

That's great mate. Congratulations. As Hornet says, not many companies are far-sighted enough to train apprentices these days so you're very lucky. Id've killed for a chance like that when I was younger. Make the most of it. Get as many qualifications as you can & you'll have a trade for life.
Oh, & don't forget to get yourself a left handed screw driver & a metric adjustable spanner.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
andbolt0

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 10:25:45 AM »

well done mate, as a welder fabricator my self welcome to the world of red skin itchy eyes and many blisters and burns also many new projects in mind(some even get finished) andy
Bikerpsyco

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »

Thanks for your support guys im so happy and will make the most of it, i already have  a box of tools i.e glass rods , sparks, left handed screwdriver and sky hooks so dont worry im prepared, took me ages to find them tho, havent got a long weight yet?Huh? still waiting tho cant be much longer?Huh? Grin Grin
im definately not going to waste this oppertunity
cheers guys
bikerpsyco

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 08:57:02 PM »

If you go to the tech college, ask 'em if you can build a trike frame as an apprenticeship project!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:28:39 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Firery Fred

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 12:12:04 PM »

Now that's forward thinking MM

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Bikerpsyco

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 08:09:31 PM »

he he im not sure if they will approve but hey who knows, could be fun Grin Grin, the  thing is il be working site welding 4 days a week and one day a week at the learning place, dont know if any of you have heard of it its a government funded thing called PSC its based in plymouth at the moment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: