May 15, 2024, 11:15:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Won't be around much.  (Read 3864 times)
Olds

« on: March 23, 2013, 06:59:41 AM »

Like Clive I will not be around much for a while.
Mother in law who's lived with us for a while ( 87 with Parkinson's) has this week taken a turn for the worst.
Unfortunately Dementia has now got to her big time. What with hallucinations, trying to go wandering off and conversations with folk who aren't there, life here is, to say the least, a little difficult at the moment.

Still going to try to get the trike registered before the Basingstoke Festival but not guaranteeing anything at the moment.
Will pop in from time to time just to see what you lot are doing.
-Olds
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:06:59 AM by Old Newbie » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
kinkytriker

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 08:40:54 AM »

Sorry to hear that olds
Take care,
Mendalot

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »

Oh dear, that's a hard situation to deal with, keep your chin up buddy. You know there are always people on here to help you feel brighter in the dark times. Wishing you all well.
Paul.

Precision Guesswork ......... What else do you need?
merv

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »

Sorry to hear that Old's,your input will be missed but family comes first

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
The North

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 09:54:25 AM »

Thoughts and prayers with you lot at this time.
spanners

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »

been going through the same with the mother in law since christmas ,, she finally went into hospital and they have put her into respite care last week, but she maybe stopping there for good

its bl##dy hard to deal with

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
madron

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 01:32:33 PM »

just put my mum in a home as she has alziemers but wife and i looked after her till she attacked wife  it was hard but necessary so have an idea what you are goin thru just to say you and wife need time away from the situation even if its 10 mins in garden shed with a fag and beer them little breaks keep everything together  and hope everything goes ok for you
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 02:54:21 PM »

Just drop by when you can Dave. You're always welcome. Look after yourself as well as your Mother in law.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tbone

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »

I know it`s no consolation Dave but Ali and I are going through the same thing with her dad.
The good days are good but the bad days are really bad. It`s distressing to watch someone you care about succumb to these illnesses and they do seem to go hand in hand.
Ali`s dad, Reg, has been in and out of hospitals since the start of last November, on one occasion he was home less than 24 hours before being re admitted, daily visits have now become a way of life for us.
My only advice would be, do what your head says is the right thing for your mum in law and try to ignore what your heart is saying, the 2 will be very different.
Look after yourself and your wife, the professionals will look after your mum in law.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 08:57:21 PM »

So sorry for those who are going through this with mums or dads, it must be so hard!

My dad died relatively young but my mum had a stroke and was in a wheelchair and I used to go over (70 miles) for a weekend once a month to give my sister a break, Mum was fully compos mentis and the only hard thing was doing personal stuff for her that she would have done for me when I was a baby.  My ex next door neighbour had a mum with dementia who was in a home, had Penny in here crying many a time cos she visited her mum every day without fail and was always accused of never going etc.

Mike's mum died at 94 when she was still independent.  To be honest I feel really lucky that we've never been the position that you folks are in and have every sympathy for what you have to cope with.  Nothing will make it easier but we're always here if you want to let off steam!

Hugs to all!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
cookie110

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 09:55:27 PM »

Sorry to hear that, our thoughts are with you too Olds.
Our 14yr old son has suffered from severe autism and epilepsy since the age of 2 so I have some idea of how life is for you.
Cookie

never play with a womans heart because you may break it and she only has the one .......... play with her boobs instead, its ok she has two of those.
JayJay

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 10:57:49 AM »

It is so sad and so scary that this illness is afflicting so many elderly (and even some fairly young people). I think everyone knows someone who has or has had a parent going through this. The general consensus seems to be that the sufferer is "okay" as they are mainly unaware of what is happening but it's the carers who suffer the most.

As BikerGran has already said, our thoughts are with you all.

All my best, JJ

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
klogan45

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »

Sorry to hear about your mum in law. A few years ago my mum had Alzheimer's. me and mrs k and my brother looked after her as long as possible but a real bad turn meant that she needed 24 hour care so she had to go into a home. I felt that I had let her down as she looked after me really well as I was growing up. I finally saw sense, after beating myself up for ages, and realised that mum was in the best and safest place she could be. I can empathise with you.
Don't forget that you have to look after yourself too or you won't be able to look after your mum in law.
Mine and mrs.k's thought s are with all of you.
Take care.
Regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Olds

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 10:40:36 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.
Although I have never actually met most of you, I consider myself very lucky to have such a good group of friends.
-Olds

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 03:24:25 PM »

You take care.
Best wishes to you & your family Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: