May 15, 2024, 04:07:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wonder what happened here  (Read 1379 times)
renegade53

« on: June 17, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »

number 3 plug from the triumph with number 1 faulty no wonder it ran like s

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:39:22 PM »

Time for a service methinks -the last rites by the look of that.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
snafu

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 08:54:15 PM »

was it pinking prior to plug failing Huh
renegade53

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »

hopefully it was pinking and not part of the plug floating around. new plugs in andy, coming back from the ace the other saturday it was running like s when i got home took off no1 lead and no change in the running so i decided to get a set from the local garage 9 quid 30 bob each in old money. pushed the car out of the lock up rather than drive it and when i removed number 1 plug it smelt of fuel. i though if 2 and 3 are the same it'll be a carb prob. no2 plug was a little black but dry and no smell of fuel. 3 was as the pic. 4,5 and 6 black with a bit of brown but all dry. no wonder it struggled at low speeds and trying to go up hill inb overdrive. remember overdrive its a 5th or 6th gear nowadays.
i shall see about taking it out for a drive should go better now.
the engine has been decked, a warm cam of some sort, i would imagine the head was done as well and a 6 branch. the 6 branch was modded to get round the pas pump. going back to manual and replacing the 6 branch. gonna lower it and the anti-roll bar set up from the pi is going on. when we get some dry weather i'll see about getting the roof checkered like the old pi but in red this time to match the seats.
when i got the car it ran ok but somehow it missed a bit of omph i put that down to going from a 2.5 fuel injection to 2000 twin carb. we checked the timing as it was starting to pink a bit and we thought that shouldn't run or start. it was well out.  points were checked but not the plugs and it ran well. then it started to play up again. the was retified by replacing the fuel pump. it wasn't sucking as it should. it went well after that until the other saturday and now we know why.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »

Aah, the joys of maintaining old cars!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
renegade53

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »

yep and you've got that to come

spanners

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 08:22:59 PM »

looks like the carbs are out of balance,, or you have an air/vacum leak on the inlet some where  ,,could even be as simple as the  vac pipe that go,s to the dizzy,,, or servo,,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: