May 09, 2024, 07:27:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change of PCD  (Read 2174 times)
Richie 66

« on: March 27, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

Just wondering how difficult it would be to change a pcd on a axle.
I'm gonna be using a axle off a Nissan Cabstar (large) it has 6studs  and have just been given some 15 inch alloys , but they only have holes for 4 studs.
What's your advice , bearing in mind trike being built on a budget and I couldn't find alloys to fit the axle as is ?

cheers
Richie.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 04:12:50 PM »

I'd suggest contacting someone like FLC or Twisted Patience, or anyone else here with access to large lumps of steel & a lathe, & having a pair of adaptors made up. Steel rings, with recessed mounts for the original wheel nuts, so they sit flush with the face of the adaptor, then new wheel studs of the correct pattern mounted in the front face. You can buy studs & nuts of any thread & length you need from Speed Shack, who's details are in the Links for Commercial Purposes section of the forum.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Richie 66

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:21:50 AM »

Cheers for the reply Manky.
I had a further look and head scratching at the axle and wheels and have decided that the new pcd required is just too small for the axle, so am basically gonna either look for some other wheels in the scrappies or hold to the damn thing for another day.
Btw , I used to live in Mitcham so am gutted I never found this forum then  Sad , still got trike friend there though.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »

We don't mind where you live -you're still welcome on the forum  Grin
Take a look at the PCD chart in the Motors, 3 wheels section of the main site. Might help you find a set of wheels that'll fit your axle.

PCD chart

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Richie 66

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 09:05:27 AM »

We don't mind where you live -you're still welcome on the forum  Grin
Take a look at the PCD chart in the Motors, 3 wheels section of the main site. Might help you find a set of wheels that'll fit your axle.

PCD chart

Cheeky Monkey Wink
Yeah , the pcd chart has been a great help , I've saved a shopping list on my pc for when I go to the breakers.
Cheers.
twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »

Btw , I used to live in Mitcham so am gutted I never found this forum then  Sad , still got trike friend there though.
[/quote]
there,s a few of us still living in mitcham.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: