May 06, 2024, 11:02:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New wind farm  (Read 2959 times)
Speedmaster

« on: April 02, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »

Some piccies as requested by the Manky One
Speedmaster

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 03:27:38 PM »

Dont really see what all the fuss is about.  I reckon they look quite good.
wizzkitt

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 07:32:01 PM »

Trying to think where I saw new wind turbines recently - somewhere on the A14 I think. Those tall statuesque ones are rather picturesque, these ones I saw at Tehachapi in the Mojave less so!  Grin

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/wizzkitt/windteha.jpg
New wind farm

Speedmaster

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 09:32:05 PM »

Reckon even I would object to those Shocked
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 10:35:18 AM »

They look like some weird kind of mechanical daisies sprouting up out of the ground. I like the tall, slender British variety, but find them vaguely spooky too. There's two on the A13 as you head into London from the Dartford tunnel.
There was a report in the papers last year of a couple trying to sue a wind farm company. They didn't object to them building turbines overlooking their cottage but said the flickering light created as the sun went down each evening was driving them crazy. Thanks for those people. Nice stormy Lincolnshire skies Ray! Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Speedmaster

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 07:26:57 PM »

The piccies were all taken in the space of about 15 minutes, the weather changed from bright, sunny intervals to crap in about 5 minutes.  Fairly typical Lincs weather really.  Cons you into going out on the bike you've just spent a few hours cleaning and dumps all sorts on you Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: