May 06, 2024, 05:22:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ural trike.  (Read 7687 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: March 07, 2006, 11:47:53 PM »

One for Speedy, who has a strange fetish for all things Urally.
This was at the Ace Cafe on Sunday afternoon.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 07:23:21 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
wizzkitt

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:20:36 AM »

Is that the new Werewolf trike from MPC?

Speedmaster

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 05:51:01 PM »

Not sure if its a Werewolf or not, but whats it doing on a trailer? unless it is a Werewolf and its their show model.  Very nice tho' Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 07:33:33 PM »

Says "MPC" on the van's number plate so guess it must be. They also had a Goldwing trike conversion there. Got to admit I didn't take a lot of notice. Took the piccies specifically for Mr Speedmaster. This was the Ace Cafe's Trike Day, which last year was packed with 3 wheelers. This year was very disappointing though. SkaMan spent most of the day there & says he only saw a dozen or so trikes, although there were hundreds of bikes. They still managed to raise 395 quid for charity though which is all that matters I suppose. We called in on our way home from the NSRA swapmeet in Purfleet.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 12:39:46 AM »

It's been very cold this year, and when it's not cold it's wet - quite a lot of trikers prolly aren't on the road yet!

Certainly too early in the year for me to venture that far!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 12:19:33 PM »

Now I've sold my bike I haven't got anything on the road at the moment -better get busy!

wizzkitt

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:16 PM »

Ah, hadn't noticed the numberplate. I think that's MPC's new Wolf trike which I believe that they've only just finished. They've been doing bolt-on conversions for a while, but they're now selling actual trikes based on the magnificent Ural Wolf, for I think, just under seven grand.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 01:06:53 PM »

It's been very cold this year, and when it's not cold it's wet - quite a lot of trikers prolly aren't on the road yet!

It just occured to me that after we bought this house in October of 1976, my then in-laws came to visit in the following February and we all went out for a picnic on the Purbeck Hills.

What was that about global warming?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 05:38:18 PM »

'76? I was 14 then -&, err, I'm sure you must've still been in primary school Bobbi!
Speedy, you better start saving your pennies!

Speedmaster

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 07:40:26 PM »

I'm tryin' but every time I get some it gets used for something else Cry
shep

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 10:38:13 PM »

They had a couple of their trikes on evilbay two weeks ago.
Don't think bidding got to their reserve, more a bit of advertising, but they said something about going to the Ace.

It is attractive in a basic sort of way.

MM, we were just leaving as they loaded that trike. Sorry we didn't see you.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »

Hi Shep, welcome back!
We went by car. Had a MMMotors shirt in the boot but was too cold to wear it. If you spot one over the Summer say Hello!
Got to admit I'm not keen on bike/trike conversions. They always look like a converted bike, usually still keeping the rear guard, seat frame etc. I prefer a purpose built frame. Urals are meant to be basic though!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »

... bike/trike conversions. They always look like a converted bike,

I disagree!  Of course I'm biased but a number of people have said that mine looks as if it was built that way - same with my mate's Guzzi trike.  It's the ones where the builder doesn't look at the proportions that look odd.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 11:07:20 AM »

Always exceptions to the rule Bobbi. I like yours, which is why it's in the Motors section -he says diplomatically!  Grin You're right, in customising, form is all important. The engineering can be as clever as you like but if the lines don't flow it's always going to look wrong. The guy who built yours has managed to keep it all in proportion but an awful lot of people don't -just my personal opinion!  Tongue
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 08:48:41 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

wizzkitt

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 08:27:59 PM »

Always exceptions to the rule Bobbi. I like yours, which is why it's in the Motors section -he says diplomatically!  Grin You're right, in customising, form is all important. The engineering can be as clever as you like but if the lines don't flow it's always going to look wrong. The guy who built yours has managed to keep it in all proportion but an awful lot of people don't -just my personal opinion!  Tongue

Oooh, sidestepping and nimble footwork worthy of a champion Irish dancer!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: