May 17, 2024, 10:22:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565010 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2640 on: January 19, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »

Not much to report today. I cut the black plastic knob off a universal choke cable & tapped on a steel one to match the air vent knob. Fortunately it was a good fit, but I added a dab of superglue to make sure it stays put.
Had to take the windscreen demister vents off to re-fit the wiper drive cable below the windscreen. Breathed a sigh of relief when they went back on without any problems. It's all getting a bit busy under the dashboard, but fingers crossed, nothing fouls on anything else yet.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #2641 on: January 20, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »

coming on real well mate.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2642 on: January 20, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »

Why thank you Dave.  Smiley
Just a brief visit to the workshop today.
As it's being registered as a commercial vehicle, we need to have a low brake fluid warning light on the dash & a means of testing both the fluid level mechanism & the warning light. Fluid level's taken care of by a test button built into the cap of the brake reservoir, (under the driver's seat), & the light on the dash will be hooked up to a microswitch under the handbrake lever, (pull up the lever & the light will come on).
The warning light has to be marked with the brake symbol, which is (!) I had a handful of assorted warning lights with symbols printed on in my spares pile, but not that one, so picked one up from Ebay for about 4 quid. I already had a matching High Beam one to go with it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:28:32 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2643 on: January 20, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »

The fibreglass dash had 4 mounting holes moulded into it. The lower 2, either side of the ignition switch, have been taken by the air vent & choke knobs, so the 2 warning lights will live in the top 2.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2644 on: January 20, 2011, 08:51:19 PM »

The rest of the 'leccy functions will be handled by a row of classic Lucas style flick switches. Simplest place to mount them was behind the steering wheel, along the fluted centre strip of the dash. I can reach them comfortably there. From left to right, wipers, washers, fog light & side/headlights. I've also got 4 3mm diameter red 12 volt LEDs, pinched from Flap's trike spares. I'll mount one above or alongside each switch, (I think the fog light switch has to have a warning light to say it's on, so may as well fit one on each switch).
The wiper switch is off/on/on. I've also got a 5 second timer relay, which would give me intermittant wipers. The wiper motor's a 2 speed one. Anyone know whether the MOT regs say wipers need to be 2 speed, or whether I can run a single speed plus intermittant?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:05:09 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2645 on: January 20, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »

Loony takes it for a virtual spin.

cunningplan

« Reply #2646 on: January 20, 2011, 10:25:54 PM »

The rest of the 'leccy functions will be handled by a row of clasic Lucas style flick switches. Simplest place to mount them was behind the steering wheel, along the fluted centre strip of the dash. I can reach them comfortably there. From left to right, wipers, washers, fog light & side/headlights. I've also got 4 3mm diameter red 12 volt LEDs, pinched from Flap's trike spares. I'll mount one above or alongside each switch, (I think the fog light switch has to have a warning light to say it's on, so may as well fit one on each switch).
The wiper switch is off/on/on. I've also got a 5 second timer relay, which would give me intermittant wipers. The wiper motor's a 2 speed one. Anyone know whether the MOT regs say wipers need to be 2 speed, or whether I can run a single speed plus intermittant?

Dont say anything about speed, so I would say that as long as they worked and cleared the screen, they would pass.
http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_820.htm
poprodder

« Reply #2647 on: January 20, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »

my morris is single speed.
standard pops only work when you've got a good vacum

panthershaun

« Reply #2648 on: January 21, 2011, 10:10:51 AM »

looking good sir...

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2649 on: January 21, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »

Thank you. You're kinda cute yourself  Kiss

Clive

« Reply #2650 on: January 21, 2011, 06:11:24 PM »

Can't begin to tell you everything wrong with that statement! Cheesy Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2651 on: January 21, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »

I know -the grammar's shocking, but the punctuation's acceptable.

panthershaun

« Reply #2652 on: January 21, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »

Kiss Kiss

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
voodoo

« Reply #2653 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:18 PM »

I used to fit old Land Rover wiper systems on my roof chopped motors and cut down wipers which did jack s**t as they were only a little bit bigger than toothbrushes lol, considering most of my screens were only just tall enough to stick the tax disc in the corners....as said will scan and upload the pic's of a few of my old wrecks...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2654 on: January 22, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »

Would be interested to see them. Our screen's about 7 inches tall between the rubber.
Only another short visit to the workshop today, so I drilled the holes for the red LEDS above the switches -I know they don't look central above the switches but they are, it's just my wide angle lens. Honest. I wanted to fit the LEDs in the fluted strip, but the backs of some of the switches are too bulky for that, so they had to go in the rolled top area instead.
I then started cleaning the various layers of old paint off the second-hand dash, using fine emery paper & a razor blade. Just to get this far took me several hours. A couple of unwanted old mounting holes to fill & it's ready to paint.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 07:51:09 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: