May 19, 2024, 06:47:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Macmillan Cancer Support Classic Car Show, Clandon Park, Sun 15th July 2012  (Read 25059 times)
spanners

« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:11 AM »

nice photo,s ....but the mini,s a ,,wrong,,un,,,,, anybody else spot whats wrong with it ?

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »

It's not made by BMW? Wrong boot badge? Wrong colour scheme for the year?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:48:32 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2012, 12:38:06 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2012, 12:44:37 AM »

All in all, a very pleasant afternoon out.
They were very lucky with the weather, given how awful it's been so far this Summer, but there were several other shows on in the area today.
It's billed as a family fun day & classic car show, so has the feel of a large country fete about it, but the vehicle side of it's got the potential to be huge if they can advertise it a little more & find a date that doesn't clash with anything else. Taz is very keen to help promote it & get some of our friends in various vehicle clubs involved next year. Maybe we could arrange a bit of a get-together with a barbeque afterwards. Who knows. Maybe see you there.

phunkie hiboy

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2012, 06:43:05 AM »

nice photo,s ....but the mini,s a ,,wrong,,un,,,,, anybody else spot whats wrong with it ?

?          It's a '69 mk2 cooper with the original hinged number plate. What have I missed?

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
nabsim

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »

A nice variety of vehicles there Andy, dont suppose there is any camping?

spanners

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »

?          It's a '69 mk2 cooper with the original hinged number plate. What have I missed?
it could be me  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes getting my years and models mixed up , tail lights what year did they change,,? when did they stop the hinged number plate  and didnt the rear windows change ? ,,or am i losing it,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2012, 02:54:22 PM »

Anoraks!  Grin
Not really big enough yet to warrant a camping area Nabs, but no reason why that couldn't change by next year.

renegade53

« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »

it was a pleasant day out handy not having any rain. i thought it was more like a village fete sort of show with something for everyone. shall most likely be back next year. i wonder how many who went coz uxbridge was cancelled will be back.

phunkie hiboy

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »

it could be me  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes getting my years and models mixed up , tail lights what year did they change,,? when did they stop the hinged number plate  and didnt the rear windows change ? ,,or am i losing it,,

Rear lights were changed '68 when the mk2 came out. Think the rear window was bigger on the mk2 onwards. Hinged number plate changed at inception of mk3 mini. If you look at the boot handle, it's quite tall. mk3 used a much shorter one, the underside nearly touching the boot lid panel.

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
spanners

« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2012, 12:42:38 AM »

Rear lights were changed '68 when the mk2 came out. Think the rear window was bigger on the mk2 onwards. Hinged number plate changed at inception of mk3 mini. If you look at the boot handle, it's quite tall. mk3 used a much shorter one, the underside nearly touching the boot lid panel.
it must be me, age i got in my head that rear lights changed alot later  i must have had /run/raced/ broken up over 100 over the years  but my brains gettin past it  Roll Eyes

panthershaun

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »

superb little machine.. homebuilt?

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »

That could be my brother's Austin 7 Special except his is rounded at the back.  What was it?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2012, 08:25:52 PM »

It was parked among the MGs, so I'm guessing MG powered? Definitely looked homebuilt Shaun. Nothing wrong with that, but quite basic. You can see a pair of race boots on the passenger seat -the footwell looked quite tight, so seems the owner had to wear lightweight driving shoes.
I have a similar problem in my truck. Gonna have to wear special driving slippers.  Smiley

spanners

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

have you  noticed the exhaust  Roll Eyes ,,pedestrian friendly ?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: