May 05, 2024, 01:09:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Run 25th August 2007  (Read 1954 times)
rainbow
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »

There will be a charity bike ride to The White Horse Inn, Priors Dean, also known as ‘The Pub with No Name’, on 25th August 2007, meeting at Southampton & District Motorcycle Club car park, Woodside Road, Eastleigh, at 10am for a 10.30 set off time, and also picking up riders at Wickham Square on the way. The ride is in memory of popular SDMCC club member and well-known local photographer Ray Humphrey, who lost his battle against pancreatic cancer last October. The event is being held to raise awareness of the disease and money for the charity Pancreatic Cancer UK.

The ride will be passing through some beautiful Hampshire locations, arriving at the pub at around mid-day. Lunch may be bought at the pub if required.

The ride will be a great opportunity to make people more aware of this little known form of cancer. Each year, around 7,000 people in the UK are diagnosed with this disease, and it is the fifth most common cause of cancer death in the UK. It has the lowest survival rate of all cancers – only about 3% of those diagnosed survive five years or more. We want to raise as much money as we could to help fight the disease

Notes to the Editor

Charity website: www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk

Ray’s Biking Website: www.geocities.com/bikermips

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 06:25:42 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:35:37 PM »

What a pity I'll be on my way back from a car club do in Yorkshire, I'd have liked to be there.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
rainbow
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 05:01:09 PM »

What a pity I'll be on my way back from a car club do in Yorkshire, I'd have liked to be there.

I hope to be there.  Its a good cause Smiley
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:42:06 PM »

For those who don't know, Ray was doing the Round Britain Rally when he had to give up work, and his wife Lynne was learning to ride so that when he couldn';t ride any more, she could take him pillion.  It never came to that cos ray passed on but Lynne is carrying on riding and is a member of the Southampton & district club, enjoying the legacy of riding fun that Ray left her.  She came out with me in the New Forest one day on her little bike, but has now progressed to something bigger!
I met Lynne when I went to Ray's funeral as a rep from the RBR and have made a new friend!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »

She looks familiar -have I met her somewhere with you Bobbi? Don't recognise the bike though.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 08:57:32 PM »

Yes she was at the Southampton MAG show - but the bike was parked at the far end and she arrived quite late, maybe you never saw it - isn't it gorgeous?  Can't remember offhand but I think it's a TU250 - quite uncommon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: