May 12, 2024, 08:31:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum visitors  (Read 13179 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 25, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »

Anyone noticed the rise in forum visitors in the last couple of weeks?
We usually average 20 to 30 different people a day, which is fine -we're a small community & I kinda like it that way. Bigger forums seem to suffer a lot more bitchiness & trouble making than we do, so small is beautiful.
Over the last few days it's crept up to over 60 though. Maybe it's a glitch in the forum programme, but if it's correct, who are they/you all? What's changed here to attract the extra readership? Is someone singing our praises on social media?
As always, everyone's very welcome, but I'm just curious.
The visitor number's at the bottom left of the General Category page by the way. Is it showing differently to you lot?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
scannerzer

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »

i'm showing 62 today and most ever 65 on the 20TH,can you check you is/has logged in? maybe our rep as a fuzzy cuddly forum where everyone get along is spreading  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:52:48 PM »

The programme doesn't keep a record, apart from that number. I can see which members are online when I log in & how many guests there are, but that's all. Guess we must be doing something right.

Olds

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »

Has there also been a sudden increase in members ?
Looks like folk are also looking at the gallery. My trike pic has gone to over 900 views  Huh When did that happen ?
I think a lot of the pics seem to have higher numbers all of a sudden.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:04:55 PM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Iceman

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 10:29:25 PM »

I hear voices. I do. You see, when some one writes well it is like hearing some one talk. Anyway, the other voice, the ones I tell the doctor about, told me to build a trike after I was given a CX500. So I Google " trike pick up" because I need to carry lots of things, and in among the images is a lovely little red trike pick up. Built by some one called Olds. And he has pals who are monkeys. Very talented monkeys. These monkeys don't seem to judge you according to spurious rules,or by the stuff you own and if you like machines with pistons in them then you are okay.I like very much what I read , friendly voices, helpful.So don 't mind me if I hide behind the curtains and listen in. As Mr Wilde said' he who says nothing has nothing to say'. But once my trike is finished I'll speak up. Meanwhile I'll keep soaking up all the info here and keep listening to your voices. MMM has a warmth and intimacy that other sites don't have. Rare in this day and age. So don't beat yourself up about being popular. Just keep doing it, Andy and co, and and pat yourself on the back.
Must go. The nurse with rubber heels is looking for me. She never looks behind the curtains.......Thanks for everything. Tom

Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 10:48:16 PM »

Who was that?!  Tongue

spanners

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 12:10:18 AM »

i keep on telling ,folks, where the good guys,, are ,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 07:31:39 AM »

The nurses at Tom the Icemans gaff must see his feet sticking out below the curtains ?
But iv seen the numbers at the bottom showing an increase ?
My son pops in now n then and no doubt others who iv told about monkeys ?
I for One hope it doesn't get to big ( ooh er !) and will endeavour to keep out any bitching / back stabbing etc..that's why I like this site..plus I can be all modern and post pics ? Cool

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Stix

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 08:35:02 AM »

I can't see the numbers Huh but then that is probably just me at my age Tongue but Toms nurse sounds like fun Shocked Grin Grin I like nurses I do Grin Grin

Any hoo as we is going to the sun I thought I could do with a new T shirt or two so looked at the nice merchandise page Cheesy pretty things there, BUT they all seem to be for little folk, what about us big boys Ooooer nurse
So it looks like I will have to settle for a couple of patches,at least they can cover my nipples when I am sunbathing, nowt worse than burnt nipples I say  Angry  So Mr Monkey how do I get a couple of the swanky monkey Monkey patches??? answers on a five pound note please. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stix still trying to give stuff away
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »

We had a virus here a couple of years ago & had to lock the main website while we fixed it. The problem's sorted but the site's still locked -a job to sort out this Winter. So I can't update the Merchandise page.
T shirts have crept up to a tenner I'm afraid, which is still just covering our production costs. We don't make any profit from this site. Patches are still 3 quid & postage is more or less the same but I usually post stuff out, then let you know the postal cost.
We'll launch a 2nd T shirt design in the Spring but probably stop doing the embroidered shirts cos they're getting too expensive now for most people.
So- patches 3 quid, T shirts 10, plus postage & I've got 2XL & 3XL in black in stock at the moment. PM me  Wink

Stix

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 09:45:06 AM »

Pm sent sir.

Stix giving stuff away
Iceman

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 08:20:37 PM »

The nurses at Tom the Icemans gaff must see his feet sticking out below the curtains ?

Damn! So that's how they keep finding me...Hey Mr Stinkey, you'd love these curtains - they are full of holes! And they do make everything lighter...

Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed!
stinkey

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 08:31:26 PM »

Holes,holes ? Don't mention the holes !! Cool

Stix

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »

Mr Stinkey sir, that is how all these visitors are getting in,they are climbing through all these holes you keep losing.

Stix
stinkey

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 08:57:38 PM »

Every time I pick them up..some seem to slip through ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: