May 13, 2024, 07:02:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: The 'C' word..........  (Read 7756 times)
Mendalot

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 03:16:26 PM »

Traditional Christmas dinner mayhem at our house, with all the trimmings, Nitrous fuelled ......... well, Beer fuelled actually Tongue. entry cost is a crate of beer each from the blokes, that's 2 nephews, 1 brother in law, 1 son and 1 future son in law. Along with a fair few bottles of wine for the ladies. Wink Wink 
They all think they can out drink Old Grampa ...... No Chance.

Precision Guesswork ......... What else do you need?
Olds

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »

Well, will be at home with wife  Cheesy, mother inlaw Tongue, and kids if they have nothing better to do Roll Eyes
Hopefully it wiil be a quiet time.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
poprodder

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »

were at home with kids this year, no better way to spend it, full xmas dinner as well.
how many people still have a sunday roast? not many i guess.

ROD

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »

We do quite a lot,but swmbo gets fed up with cooking stuff and the kids saying "I'll be home later,put it in the microwave" .Then they dont turn up,and I usually end up eating it the next day! Last week another one of the lads decided to move out and live independantly in a house share,so we've only got one left at home to bother about now.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 10:21:31 PM »

We usually go to my older daughter's in the morning to do presents and mince pies - their children are 6 and 11 - and it looks like younger daughter and her partner may be there this year which will be great as they live up north and we don't see enough of them.   Then we'll come home for our dinner as they have a VERY small cottage and it gets a bit much with all of us there so we prefer a bit of peace and quiet!   Will probably treat us to a joint of local lamb for dinner, that's a real treat as it's very expensive!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 11:34:49 PM »

Just received an invite from my brother Brock's lovely wife Lesley, (Black Pig), to spend Christmas with them. Being a Postie, I only get 2 days off work, but will be nice to spend it doing not much in good company.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:58:40 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2012, 08:30:23 AM »

Here's the last postal dates for delivery relating to 'C' Day, (just in case anyone's running a bit close to the wire...........  Roll Eyes )

UK post

2nd class – Tuesday 18th December
1st class – Thursday 20th December
Special Delivery Saturday Guarantee – Friday 21st December
Special Delivery – Saturday 22nd December

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »

I guess I should start thinking about doing my Christmas shopping soon then.
I get asked all the time about posting dates when I'm delivering the mail. We're not told stuff like that though -the delivery side of the business is run completely seperately from the collection side. So I don't know the cost of a stamp, or the Christmas posting dates.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
dave 67

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 02:04:57 PM »

Just received an invite from my brother Brock's lovely wife Lesley, (Black Pig), to spend Christmas with them. Being a Postie, I only get 2 days off work, but will be nice to spend it doing not much in good company.

Like us bus drivers 1 day off Xmas day

never to old to learn
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »

I'm rostered on Christmas nightshift.
Last year grandpa died at round this time. An old sick man now at piece.
We'll be having the first big family Christmas get together in a long time.
I find since i had kids that Christmas is much better.
Was a horrible,panicked present buying season as i'm terrible at it. And i don't like buying crap that Will be binned in a week

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: